Bilingual Content Manager-Mundo
Description Mundo Hispanico-Cox Media Group is looking for a Spanish Content Manager to oversee our editorial team, someone who can direct long-term content strategy while also making day-to-day decisions about which topics will resonate with our readers and how to approach those topics in a clicky and shareable way. Our ideal candidate has experience managing a team at a digital publication that relies heavily on social for reach. In addition to knowing how to manage and motivate employees, you should be a skilled editor who s comfortable with copyediting in Spanish, basic video editing and have a sensibility for what the Hispanic user demands as daily news.
* Work with our National Editor to continue to develop our content strategy, with the goal of increasing organic traffic.
* Manage our team of 20+ editors and writers, as well as our visual editor, delegating in a way that utilizes employees strengths and maximizes productivity
* Oversee daily selection of stories, including those with a newsy angle, that deserve a quick turnaround
* Edit posts written by our in-house writers as well as freelance contributors, looking for ways to improve content and clean up the copy
* Coach editors and writers on craft, helping our team improve their skills
* Create clickable headlines that will readers won t be able to resist on social media
* Coordinate multimedia content, including video
* Bachelor s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, social media or related field.
* 3+ years' experience running a newsroom or content team, with a focus on the social web.
* Has experience managing a group of editors, writers and multimedia reporters.
* Is familiar with best practices for online content, including optimizing for SEO
* Has a knack for identifying clicky topics and story angles that are highly shareable within the Hispanic community.
* Can direct content strategy at a high level while simultaneously staying on top of the day-to-day tasks of online publishing
* Understands the value of headlines, images and video to maximize clicks and shares
* Is psyched to work in a fast-paced and innovative newsroom.
* Is hard-working and willing to pitch in as needed
* Enjoys developing and testing creative ideas we haven t tried before
* Brings a positive attitude and enthusiasm to the office
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
COX MEDIA GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Job Level:Team Leader