Bilingual Controller 9/8/2016
Barbachano International Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client is a world class company with operations worldwide who seeks a BILINGUAL CONTROLLER to lead all the finance and accounting functions in its large manufacturing facility in NUEVO LAREDO, MEXICO. The Controller will drive the development of people, new ideas, and processes within finance and operations. Lead local Finance Department efficiently in a dynamic product environment. The individual must be capable of effectively managing the operational finance, general accounting, fiscal and business needs of the plant. Reports directly to Director of Finance based in US Corporate and locally indirectly to Plant Manager.
GENERAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
* Ensure that local management receives an appropriate level of financial support. Evaluate requirements for staffing, and make recommendations to Director of Finance. Develop staff for future requirements.
* Ensure proper management of legal entity financial requirements; make and implement recommendations concerning tax, customs, and other legal considerations. This includes preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
* Oversee and coordinate the preparation of routine and complex financial analysis, cost accounting and provide decision-making support.
* Establish plant accounting policies and procedures and maintain corporate accounting policies and procedures consistent with U.S. GAAP's.
* Support custom activities and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Advise management on desirable changes due to changing fiscal laws, and work with external consultants to comply with import and export customs regulations.
* Drive the preparation and consolidation of the budget to include product cost, legal and operational income statements, capital, tooling, and inventory.
* Coordinate, drive, and review capital project closures.
* Prepare, analyze, and present major proposals to determine costs and operational and strategic implications.
* Manage cost-reduction program and drive savings within the plant.
* At least five year's experience as a Controller in a mid to high volume manufacturing operation.
* Strong cost accounting background, inventory control experience, and Cost roll-up experience.
* Strong background with Budgeting, Forecasting & Financial Reporting (FP&A).
* Experience implementing and monitoring Sarbanes-Oxley controls
* General Accounting and Payroll experience.
* Effective management of Cash, local payroll and accounts payable.
* U.S. GAAP knowledge.
* Mexico Federal and local Tax knowledge.
* Mexican financial and tax audit management.
* Mexican and U.S. customs compliance knowledge.
* Proficient with MS Office applications and ERP systems.
* Must be able to fluently speak, read and write SPANISH AND ENGLISH languages.
* Bachelordegree in accounting or finance.`
* Positive, assertive, results oriented, and able to influence direction.
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and complete special projects.
* Effective time management, organization and prioritization skills.
* Strong leader and business partner with a broad business vision.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills and ability to influence others.
* Strong team building and project management skills.
* Able to builds strong relationships with key functional internal customers to effectively drive financial performance.
* Excellent people management skills and ability to build/lead a strong Finance Team.
Paid relocation to Nuevo Laredo is offered by the employer.