Bilingual Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Cushman & Wakefield
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: Miami or Tampa - Managing all of FL
Bilingual is required (English/Spanish)
The Bilingual HR Manager is responsible for managing a range of activities related to employee relations and staffing throughout the Florida area.
* Manage Employment Office Human Resources staff.
* Counsel managers and supervisors on employee relations issues including discipline, policies and procedures interpretation, harassment and discrimination, HR compliance, background checks, FMLA, ADA, Workers' Compensation, Wage and Hour Law, I-9 compliance, etc.
* Conduct on-site internal investigations involving employment matters and prepare comprehensive investigation reports with recommended findings.
* Develop and deliver training modules to staff on employment and compliance matters.
* Manage and coordinate new customer account start-ups and on-boarding of employees.
* Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the HR department and services performed.
* Conduct recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt personnel and temporary employees; conduct new employee orientations; employee relations counselling, outplacement counselling, and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
* Ensure and monitor compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment laws.
* Oversee background check process and procedures.
* Compiles data and prepares reports and analyses for one or more functional areas such as seniority rosters, hires, terminations, applicant flow logs, turnover reports etc.
* Oversee various compliance audits and other projects as assigned.
* Labor relations/working with union employees and union negotiations preferred but not required.
* Possession of a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Human Resources Management or related field; possession of a Master's Degree preferred.
* Bilingual (fluent in English/Spanish) preferred.
* 7+ years of experience at a human resources management or senior generalist level. Direct staff management experience required.
* Extensive working knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements, knowledge of immigration laws and processes.
* Must possess working knowledge of laws and regulations relating to the principles and practices of employee relations, best managerial practices, collective bargaining, NLRA, MCAD, FMLA, ADA, Workers' Compensation and Wage and Hour laws, I-9 compliance.
* Excellent managerial and conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to multi-tasks and excel in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
* Proven project management skills required.
* Investigative experience is required.
* Must be able to prepare comprehensive reports and represent ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
* Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgement and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation; up to 40% travel required within the assigned area.
* Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, as well as counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures and union agreements.
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management and supervision in a union environment.
* Ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
* Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We are building the best team in the industry and our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, your joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world's largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple: talented people. Visit our website at www.cwservices.com .
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.