Bilingual Production Supervisor 9/15/2016
Universal Forest Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Knowledge
* High school diploma
* Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in trusses; 2 to 4 years preferred in trusses industry.
* Working knowledge of production reporting and production scheduling
* Working knowledge of excel, word and outlook.
* Basic knowledge on lumber math, lumber grades and species.
* Preferred understanding on company policies, practices and procedures.
* Successfully complete Forklift Driver licensing process
Skills and abilities
* Demonstrates ability to handle responsibility and be accountable for actions/decisions
* Ability to recognize safe vs. unsafe working conditions
* Ability to clearly communicate directions and expectations
* Ability to plan, and organize the work of others, determine priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure and stress.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and act decisively when conditions change
* Ability to identify problems and find viable solutions
* Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer terminal, calculator, and telephone.
* Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write basic English
* Ability to communicate with management regarding people, products and equipment
* Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
* Ability to work under immediate supervision
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Ability to work hours mandated by management
* Safety conscious and strong supervisory and interpersonal skills
* Team player and goal oriented
* Leads by example and has a positive attitude
* Participates in Safety and CI programs
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
* Punctual and reliable
* Implements methods to achieve plans and goals of the department and to maintain quality and customer standards/expectations
* Directs the activity of a group of employees and motivates for maximum productivity
* Ensures all employees have received adequate machine specific safety training prior to operating equipment
* Reviews pre-shift machine inspections and addresses machine concerns according to internal procedures
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment; consistently checks quality of inbound and outbound material; and implements CI principals to improve current processes
* Identifies, researches, and resolves various problems and opportunities
* Evaluates performance of individuals and various programs
* Coaches and assists employees to help them perform their job functions more safety, productively, and efficiently
* Disciplines employees when necessary, and conducts annual performance reviews
* Conducts sunrise meetings and monthly safety talks, and provides training to employees
* Directs activities consistent with all Company policies, procedures and applicable law
* Communicates to employees and other management members as required
* Leads employees in continuous improvements and safety initiatives
* Prepares production reports and maintains records as required
* Participates in Safety Committee and ensures that assigned department is in compliance with established safety standards
* Manages employees time and attendance through the T&A system
* May drive a forklift to assist moving material to and from the production area
* Performs other duties as required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled