Bilingual Sales Support Technician 8/16/2016
Analytical Instrumentation Supplier
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position TITLE: BILINGUAL SALES SUPPORT SPECIALIST
LOCATION: COLUMBIA, MD AREA
POSITION TYPE: STAFF POSITION WITH EXCELLENT BENEFITS
SALARY: $70 - $78K, D.O.E.
POSITION NUMBER: 9096
Our Client is a major global supplier of analytical instrumentation, physical testing, and environmental monitoring systems. Their products include Carbon Analyzers, Gas and Liquid Chromatographs, Mass Spectrometers, and UV-Vis Spectrometers. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a bilingual (Spanish-English) Technical Support Specialist with expertise in Mass Spectrometers, to help support their international sales team in the Latin American market.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with new Life Science instrumentation technology, and support a growing international team. This role is a staff position with excellent benefits and a great career path.
* Provide Life Science/Mass Spec technical support for the assigned regions.
* Assist on pre-sale and post-sale support of the MS products to include demonstration, sample analysis, seminars, installations, training customers and regional personnel and assisting customers with adapting methodology for our instruments.
* Assist sales efforts by providing MS technical expertise to customers and staff of international territories and assigned region(s).
* Primary focus is to provide technical expertise for the sales effort of the international department.
* Demonstrations and assist with MS sales calls.
* Promotion of all Life Science products.
* Provide sample analysis and adapt customer methodology with company instrumentation.
* Assist the region in achieving customer satisfaction with assigned products.
* Manage and maintain the regional MS demonstration inventory.
* Create and present regional and customer training (and seminars) as regional expert for the MS products.
* Must be capable of independent preparation of samples, sample analysis and interpretation of results, and report generation.
* Assist the Analytical Latin America Business Manager as necessary.
* Approximately 50%travel throughout Mexico, Latin America, and parts of South America. Travel will include some weekends and overnights, by car and by plane.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Bachelor's degree in Analytical Chemistry (or a closely related field)
* 5+ years' experience in LC/GC Mass Spectrometers (Master Degree or Ph.D., with intensive dissertation research in an LC/GC MS area of laboratory experience can be substituted for experience)
* Must be bilingual - English/Spanish (verbal and written)
* Thorough knowledge of LC/GC-MS instrumentation and Analytical Chemistry
* Good knowledge of instrument maintenance relating to laboratory equipment
* Excellent presentation and communication skills are required
* Valid US passport is required
* Experience with training methods and report preparation
* Strong organizational skills
* Good customer relations abilities
Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.