Bilingual Teacher Assistant (Head Start)
Wayne Action Group for Economic Solvency, Inc. Wayne Action Group for Economic Solvency, Inc.
- Job Type
- Job Classification
Entry Level (0 - 2 years)
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- Number of Positions
Job Title: Bilingual Teacher Assistant (Head Start) (Spanish)
Department: Division of Children and Families
Supervisor: Center Supervisor
Function: To assist in planning and implementing teacher activities and total program for a class of children; to work collaboratively with teaching team; to assist in working with parents and the community.
Minimum Qualifications: Must Speak Spanish
* Education/Formal Training: Preferably an AA or BS degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development. Minimum requirement is a Preschool Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential and North Carolina Child Care Credential I and II and First Aid/CPR Certification.
* Work Experience: Preferably a Head Start parent or a child care provider who is familiar with the Head Start program and/or from within the target area.
* Requirements/Aptitudes: Ability to work with children and the economically disadvantaged; ability to assist in record keeping duties; ability to work toward obtaining CDA; ability to provide exceptional customer service; must maintain confidentiality; must have current annual physical including Tuberculin test or chest x-ray and current criminal background qualifying letter.
* Participate in orientation, pre-service and in-service training and all staff functions.
* Assist in planning and implementing daily activities and programs for children in a classroom setting.
* Help each child develop a positive self-image and relationship of trust.
* Participate in on-going observations of children for planning activities to suit individual needs.
* Make home visits and conduct parent conferences at least two times per year and assist family with referrals and resources.
* Assist in working with agency staff, parents, volunteers and community to foster coordinated and integrated program operations.
* Maintain appropriate records and reports including attendance reports.
* Participate in monthly Parent Committee Meetings.
* Follow routine schedule of housekeeping duties in classroom and center.
* Become the acting Teacher in the absence of the Teacher.
* Complete a professional development plan and maintain and update all certifications, credentials and other training as required.
* Learn and adhere to Head Start Performance Standards, North Carolina licensing requirements and the guidelines of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
* Learn and adhere to State and Federal observation instruments (ECERS and CLASS).
* In addition to pre-service training, complete annually 25 clock hours of training related to the field of Early Childhood Education.
* Participate in training and other activities relevant to the job.
* Support and interpret Head Start objectives, goals, concepts, and WAGES mission and program to child, parent and community.
* Record all CACFP meals at point of service.
* Maintain cleanliness in classrooms/centers by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and disposing of tr