This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION The Patient Reimbursement Audit Advocate works within the Reimbursement Business Unit and Medicare Functional Unit and is the key stakeholder for receiving and responding to pre and post payment audits and overpayment requests. The successful person will meet or exceed daily/weekly goals and will carry out Inogen's values.
* Reviews and responds to all pre and post payment audit requests received from various Medicare/Commerical contractors. Receives all documentation to respond to audit request to ensure a successful decision.
* Receives and reviews overpayment requests from various Medicare/Commercial contractors. Determines if the overpayment requests are valid. Appeals overpayment requests that are not valid.
* Works to identify root causes attributing to unsuccessful audit responses and valid overpayment requests.
* Assists with claim denials as a secondary function
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Experience in successful submission of Medicare and other insurance claims is preferred
* Must be very detail-oriented and analytical to ensure claims are submitted properly
* A complete understanding of Medicare program rules is preferred
* Experience in operating appropriate computer hardware and billing software is required
* 3 years of Medicare and insurance billing preferably for oxygen or HME billing preferred; at least 1 year of Medical billing and posting experience
* Experience working with medical sales personnel and managing external consultants preferred
* Experience with Fastrack/Brightree and/or Oracle preferred
* Bachelor's degree preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
WHY INOGEN Inogen is a dynamic company that is not only focused on quality care of patients, but is also committed to being a top employer. Each of Inogen's offices has a casual culture that supports employees being responsible and developing professionals.
Inogen Where we go to work hard to positively impact people\'s lives
See the Inogen team in action: