Billing Claims Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONNetsmart Technologies is an established, leading supplier of enterprise-wide software solutions for health and human services providers. Netsmart s clients include health and human services organizations: public health agencies, mental health and substance abuse clinics, psychiatric hospitals, and managed care organizations.
We're growing and looking for Billing Claims Specialist to join our team! This position is responsible for posting, collecting, and managing accounts. They are responsible for submitting a claim, posting payments & adjustments, rebills, Electronic Claims Submission, following up with insurance companies, reconciling accounts, daily balancing controls & reporting, the patient statement process, and preparing monthly reports.
* Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
* Posts payments, adjustments, transfer of responsibility and refunds, as necessary
* Issues adjusted, corrected, and/or rebilled claims to insurance companies.
* Denial and insurance follow-up management
* Insurance Appeal Process
* Handling patient inquiries.
* Answers questions from clerical staff and insurance companies.
* Identifies and resolves patient billing problems.
* Prepares, reviews, and sends patient statements to mailing service.
* Reviews accounts and make recommendations to the Senior Claims Billing Specialist regarding non collectible accounts.
* Performs dialing collection actions including contacting insurance company, contacting site, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
* Prepares and posts daily deposits received from customer site (P.O. Box) and/or lockbox remittance.
* Processes payments and denials from insurance company either electronically or manually.
* Participates in educational activities.
* Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
* Knowledge of billing / collection practices preferred
* Strong keyboard skills.
* Works well in environment with firm deadlines; results oriented.
* Perform multiple tasks effectively.
* Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Strong analytical skills required.
* Capable of making timely, independent decisions.
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skill
* Previous medical billing experience along with knowledge of billing related reporting; 1+ years experience in health-care billing & collection practices
* Experience working with medical payers such as Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance, Meditech
* Working knowledge of medical billing systems (i.e. Medic, IDX, Avatar, Tier, Medical Manager, etc.)
* Experience with Medicaid s State Eligibility Systems (various states)
* Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding systems; Coding certification preferred
* BA/BS in business administration preferred
* Excellent organizational skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* Office environment
Physical and Cognitive Requirements:
* Requires full range of body motion including manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
It all begins with a Spark! At Netsmart we look for exceptional professionals who enjoy being part of a fast-paced and innovative environment. We value individual contributions in a team setting and offer a progressive set of support tools and training. We are proud to offer an excellent compensation package, which includes a complete suite of benefits for full-time associates.
Other benefits include:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available Day 1
* Life Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability
* 401(k) Plan/EAP
Netsmart is committed to helping health and human services providers deliver effective, recovery-based care.
To learn about our culture, industry and job opportunities visit our career site , facebook or twitter account.
Ignite your career today!