This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:The Billing Manager at Office Depot is responsible for all Account Billing (AB)activities leading to the accurate andtimely invoicing of 250,000+ customers,exceeding $4 billion in revenue annually.
The Billing Manager will direct and leada team of outsourced and insourced associates by utilizing key performance indicators to ensure production and Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are met. The incumbent will provides strategic leadership regarding system and process enhancements to maintain our competitive position, maintaining billing related systems, defect resolution and testing to remain innovative and ensure the integrity of customer invoicing. Developes policies and procedures associated with invoicing and SOX narrative controls.
The Billing Manager at Office Depot will builds and maintains relationships with outsourced vendor/providers processing billing and billing related activities. Develop, measure and manage billing department goals and service level agreements. Manage and provide oversight of all outsourced departmental functions, to include ad hoc audits of performance, results against key metrics and service/operational agreements, provides appropriate feedback to mitigate and resolve errors.
The Billing Manager will also assist in strategically steering the Billing Department using creative, solution-focused approach to solve complex business problems. Seeks out and builds on innovative, leading-edge solutions to drive the business forward. Creates a culture of continuous improvement and deploying the tools, metrics and processes to support this culture. Maximizes the capabilities within existing technologies to enhance business value and customer service. Improves customer support through analyzing customer issues and driving continued improvements in processes and services.
He/She will promote a culture of collaboration, teamwork, and appropriately leverages associate talent and limitations. Strategically allocates time, budget and resources to ensure department success.
The Billing Manager will also be involved in special projects consist of large cost saving initiatives which require collaboration between multiple departments. The incumbent's role includes leading collaborative efforts to appropriately establish clear direction and common vision, consider and socialize customer impacting changes, create appropriate internal and external notifications, and execute change. Projects also consist of complex IT implementations to enhance systems, fix issues or build new functionality. The incumbent provides strategic guidance ensuring appropriate requirements are captured, analysis of customer and/or other departmental impacts, oversees technical build from the business perspective, oversees testing, and implements changes.
Qualifications:Bachelor's Degree and seven years experience.
Type of Experience:
Billing Management, Electronic Billing, A/R, Finance, Operations, B2B experience preferred.Experience managing / governing 3rd party outsourced activities. Systems process engineering, process improvement, project management, vendor relationships.Compentencies:
Exceptional understanding of billing principles, finance and Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Stong understanding of order to cash process.
- Strong understanding of A/R and A/P processes.
- Budgeting / forecasting experience.
- Extensive experience with B2B contract sales from a Billing / AR perspective.Skills and Ability:
Ability to overcome barriers and navigate internal politics, proven leadership and strong planning skills, resource management.
- Strategic thinking, high level decision making, process improvement.
- Leverages associate talent and recognizes limitations.
- Able to effectively manage large project implementations timely and accurately.
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships
- Demonstrated excellence in conflict management, problem resolution, negotiation, influence and persuasion skills.
- Analytical, Strategic Thinker, Confident, Collaborative, Confidential, Integrity, Professionalism, Leadership, Creativity, Customer Focus, Persistent, Resilient, Teamwork, Performance Driven, Positive and Upbeat Personality, Organized, Detail-Oriented. Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .