Billing Resolution III Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
ENGIE North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of 69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition. We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy.
Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
The Billing Resolutions Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to, learning and supporting the products we sell, applicable tax rules, regulatory compliance requirements, and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve customer concerns that impact billing accuracy. This position will also require self-managing the accurate and timely completion of routine tasks that affect contract pricing, financial reporting and data integrity. The Analyst will be exposed to and be expected to contribute to key billing functions within independent and cross functional team projects. The analyst role should be capable of working with our third party vendors, both independently and in a team environment as needed, to provide best in class customer service for our internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Review requests received from billing vendor and provide instructions to ensure accurate billing and payment application Manage customers on prepayment arrangements by calculating the amounts to be billed by the vendor and reconciling the account balances to ensure proper credit assurance.
* Manage Sales Tax Exempt Process, reviewing certificates, facilitating audit requests from tax department as well as determining if refunds are needed.
* Research and correct discrepancies between our internal data warehouse and external billing system.
* Prepare governmental regulatory reporting and provide to the legal team for filing.
* Provide cross-functional support to peers and departments to develop satisfactory end-to-end delivery processes.
* Assist manager on various projects that involve system enhancements, product development, market changes etc.
* Maintain open lines of communication with Compliance group to assure all Business Control regulatory and internal requirements are met / exceeded.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Strong, extensive knowledge of retail energy operations, procedures, and regulatory standards.
* Direct billing experience highly preferred.
* Independent thinker
* Billing or ops experience in multiple markets preferred.
* Experience with SQL, macros, MS Access preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills.
* High degree of reliability and strong ethics.
* Productive and efficient, with fast turn-around.
* Ability to use multiple data systems.
* Team player with ability to work well with others.
* Advanced PC skills, including MS Office Suite.
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
* Complies with all ENGIE policies and procedures.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Could involve lifting up to 20 lbs.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Could involve some lifting.
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
* 3-5 years of experience in the retail energy field
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
This job posting is supported by the ENGIE Recruiting Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquiries must come to the Recruiting team and not to direct ENGIE Managers.