Medical Billing Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 24254-51218
College Park Family Care is a Christ-centered medical practice, and every aspect of our practice is rooted in providing compassionate care to our patients and each other. Our goal is to provide compassionate, comprehensive care for every member of the family. We have more than 90 providers, including specialists who can meet all health care needs from obstetrics and orthopedic surgeons to dermatologists and dietitians. At College Park Family Care, you can count on exceptional care from experienced, board-certified providers.
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Responsible for answering incoming patient calls regarding statement balances. Provide friendly, accurate, and prompt customer service to the patients and other professionals of the company.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Promptly answer phones in a courteous and friendly manner utilizing a pleasant voice inflection.
* Research and resolve all questions and discrepancies presented by patients.
* Assist any walk-in patients with their questions, concerns or payments.
* Process correspondence with insurance companies (requests for medical records, etc).
* Process and review statements and refunds.
* Check status of claims utilizing the websites for various insurance companies.
* Contact insurance companies by phone, email, fax, and written correspondence to resolve issues preventing claims from being processed correctly.
* Communicate with coding staff to verify claims have been coded correctly and appeal claims that have been paid incorrectly.
One year certificate from college or technical school
At least one year of medical billing related experience and/or training
Last Edited: 10/24/2016