Billing Specialist - Svcs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Join our Commitment to "Building Better Wireless".
SBA Communications Corporation (SBA) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. We offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth to individuals who are committed to excellence and continuous improvement; and we respect the diversity of our employees, customers, business partners and the communities in which we do business. If you aspire to be part of an organization that is bringing the benefits of wireless voice and data to the world then we'd like to speak to you.
Founded in 1989, our mission is to be our customers' first-choice provider of wireless infrastructure solutions and we achieve this by setting the standard for customer satisfaction, focusing on industry leadership, developing innovative business strategies, providing financial strength and supporting empowered, engaged employees. We generate revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. Our size, experience, capabilities and resources make us a preferred partner for wireless service providers both domestically and internationally. With anticipated ongoing, dynamic growth in wireless traffic (in particular data and video), we expect to lead the way in providing innovative business strategies and continuous improvement to our network infrastructure. Are you ready to join an inclusive work environment and contribute to our dynamic teams* We value and look for talented people who "Seek and Achieve Excellence" in all that they do. Vision Statement:
To be the most respected organization in our industry by our customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
* Integrity: Collectively we maintain a firm adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards.
* Work Ethic: We take pride in working hard and expect each other to go the extra mile to achieve our collective goals.
* Ownership Mindset: We are excellent stewards of our financial resources and actively manage as we would for our own money.
* Quality: We do it right the first time. Doing it right includes exceeding expectations, safety, timeliness and an exemplary work product.
* Customer Service: We strive to provide our customers - internal and external with extraordinary value and to help them to achieve their business objectives.
* Innovation: We continuously strive to improve by looking for new, efficient and effective ways to do business.
* Collegiality: We are collaborative and enjoy each other's company. We work hard to make those around us a success and we interact with each other in a positive and respectful manner. Teamwork is a key to our success.
Provide support to project staff in areas to include but not limited to billing, purchase orders, forecasting and other A/R issues. This position will coordinate and manage vendor requests and have overall responsibility as liaison between internal and external project functions. The position is a liaison between Site Development teams, Project Controls Manager and General Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Prepare purchase order requests to the client for project specific tasks and items.
* Follow up with project team on the issuance of purchase orders requested.
* Logging in and tracking of client issued purchase orders.
* Assists project team to resolve missing project level purchase orders.
* Assists with the monthly backlog report
* Prepares data for review as part of monthly and quarterly financial forecast reports.
* Prepares internal check requests for project expenditures.
* Receives and reviews vendor purchase order requests.
* Processes vendor purchase orders.
* Logs in and reviews all vendor invoices for acceptance or rejection in Perceptive system.
* Handle receiving on all vendor purchase orders.
* Serves as point of contact for all vendors following up on accounts payable issues.
* Checks boxes via data entry for billing reports.
* Prepares necessary documentation required of the project team for invoice submittal.
* Assists with accounts receivable issues.
* Gathers necessary documentation to satisfy accounts receivable issues.
* Assists Project Director and Team Leaders in the re-issuance of any canceled vendor purchase orders.
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*High School Diploma or GED required, BA/BS preferred.
*3+ years Billing and Accounts Receivable experience.
*Must demonstrate intermediate knowledge and ability to work with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and e-mail programs.
*Ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel via phone, in person, and via written correspondence.
*Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
*Instructions and procedure manuals.
*Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/or governmental regulations.
*Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area and volume.
*Ability to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
*Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
*Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
*Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
*Sitting sixty percent of the day.
*Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
*Manual dexterity to input data into the computer.
*Ability to stoop and bend.
*Must be able to travel by air and ground transportation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Moderate noise level
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
SBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of SBA to not discriminate on the basis