Revenue Billing Supervisor - Revenue Management-FPO (ANL 4 SUPV)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/8/2017
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Revenue Billing Supervisor - Revenue Management-FPO (ANL 4 SUPV)
40 ; 100%
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The Analyst Supervisor reports to the Faculty Practice Revenue Manager for the Department of Radiology and is responsible for managing and leading the daily operations of the Radiology Billing Office. The Analyst Supervisor is responsible for the Department of Radiology s professional and technical billing process at all sites (Mount Zion, Parnassus, China Basin, Montgomery St, and Mission Bay). The incumbent is responsible for the department s billing processes to maximize reimbursement, manage and minimize billing cycle denials, assure appropriate coding, and smoothly integrate authorization and other insurance requirements into our revenue operations.
Supervises the activities as well as oversees the flow of account and information processing to ensure timely resolution of requests and inquiries. The incumbent manages the outside coding process with vendors HCR (Health Care Records) and TCN (The Coding Network). Responsible for reviewing diagnosis codes on reports and assures proper coding from the HCR system.
The Analyst Supervisor coordinates and monitors staffing levels, personnel issues, quality of work and productivity. Develops and implements changes in department policies, and production standards. Develops, coordinates and participates in educational and coding compliance activities within the department. The position coordinates with other departments within the Medical Center such as Admissions, Registration, Insurance Verification, Financial Counseling, and Utilization Review, in resolving issues or processes affecting receivables management.
The Analyst Supervisor must ensure prompt and professional responses to patient inquiries or complaints. This position provides feedback regarding denial patterns which may identify potential billing problems and system issues affecting billing processes.
This position also will perform detailed analytical reviews of medical record documentation. Included in these reviews will be CPT coding, claims posting accuracy, teaching physician presence, ICD-9 coding, etc. for compliance with University and third party payer requirements. This position will independently analyze coding questions from providers, administrators, and outside departments and is the primary point of contact for UCSF Compliance on issues relating to Radiology.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Three to five years of demonstrated coding experience; with training experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Prior experience in healthcare
* Must be able to pass all classes related to the UCSF Medical Center s computer systems as well as related UCSF coding and billing applications. May include off-site billing systems from partner hospitals
* Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, and ICD-9/10 coding conventions, and clinical documentation requirements
* Knowledge of Federal, State, and Commercial carrier s coding and billing standards
* Strong analytical and communication skills
* This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
* Certified Professional Coder in good standing with AAPC, and must maintain yearly credits to ensure certification
* Prior working knowledge of the EPIC (Apex) system
* Prior experience working with a Radiology Department/Service
* Prior supervisory experience
* BA/BS degree
* Current certification as a professional coder from AAPC
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu.