This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client, a top regional law firm in Salt Lake City is seeking an extremely talented Billing Supervisor to take responsibility of all aspects of client bill preparation in support of billing attorneys and legal secretaries, which will include extensive use of proprietary client accounting software and other electronic applications utilized to process invoices. This individual will also provide time and billing application and support to various users firm-wide.
* Perform all steps in the billing process including, but not limited to: customizing invoices, printing, mailing, researching issues, formatting, editing, and gaining approval when needed
* Ensure that charge-offs are submitted on a timely basis and are in accordance with existing regional firm policies
* Assist attorneys and legal secretaries with financial analysis reports as requested, including time and billing reports (monthly, quarterly, annually, etc.)
* Document and maintain specific billing requirements for each attorney and client matter, understanding general client billing guidelines and ensuring that all bills are prepared in accordance with the outlined rules and regulations
* Provide insight and commentary on significant changes from prior reports and deviations from forecasted results
* Prepare invoices for electronic submission via regular vendors' software and become familiar with various websites
* Natural analytical ability - minimum of 3-5 years with strong accounting/ finance background
* Previous billing specialist experience within professional services industries required
* (legal industry strongly preferred)
* Ability to review detailed billing reports and balance big picture strategy with daily responsibilities
* High level of professionalism; interacting with attorneys, paralegals and legal secretaries
* Effective communicator in writing, speaking, presenting and working with valued clients
* Extremely proficient in MS Excel, Access and Word
* Ability to handle multiple priorities