Bio Packaging Operator II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Charles City, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONZoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This operator position is responsible for executing department specific tasks in accordance with all applicable cGMPs and compliant with Corporate/site procedures, regulations and policies.
Packaging: Packaging vaccines for distribution. Includes running multiple packaging lines per our local procedures in a warehouse environment. Includes inspection, labeling and cartoning of finished product per our regulatory filings and local procedures.
* Execution of aseptic techniques and clean room procedures or support area procedures in a GMP facility.
* Maintain and edit, as appropriate, departmental cGMP documentation.
* Execute and lead operation to comply with all written procedures, to include Batch Records and SOPs.
* Follow and comply with all financial procedures.
* Follow and comply with all site safety procedures. Identify ways to improve the safety culture of the department.
* Operation of departmental equipment to include set up and take down. Provide oversight as necessary.
* Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments.
* Set up, run, tear down of packaging lines, applying labels and hand packing specific presentations for intermediate and final markets and pallet jack operations.
* Complete inventory management and reconciliation.
* Mentor / train colleagues as needed.
* Provide department oversight as requested including shift change, schedule changes etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school education or GED required.
* Post High School education in the Sciences or other related disciplines preferred.
* Previous experience in a manufacturing environment and / or Bio Packaging Operator I level beneficial.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Good mathematical, science and computer skills preferred.
* Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills required.
* Strong communication skills required.
* Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills beneficial.