This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION : BIOCHEMIST I
LOCATION : SAN DIEGO, CA
DURATION : 12+ MONTHS CONTRACT
START TIME : 8:00 AM
END TIME : 4.30 PM
TOTAL HOURS/WEEK : 40.00[MON-FRI]
* General knowledge of biochemistry, protein chemistry, column chromatography and or other related discipline.
* Hands on experience in basic protein purification techniques are required.
* Familiarity with operation of routine laboratory instruments and applicable software as described above.
* Effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills.
* Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
* Effective organization and planning skills to multitask and ensure on time delivery.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain neat, accurate and complete batch records.
* Able to effectively train others.
* Able to thrive in team environment
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in a biological science discipline.
* Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with prior experience in protein purification
Primary duties include the following:
* Performs different purification processes accurately and independently having a complete understanding of the techniques, theories and background involved.
* Must be able to learn and perform standard and custom protein purification methods independently while having a solid understanding of the techniques and background involved in making the purified antibody.
* Technical expectations set by learning and performing duties with minimal supervision on: o Equipment operation: pipet, spectrophotometer, centrifuge, peristaltic pump, o Column chromatography: AKTA, HPLC, gel filtration, ion exchange column, SEC column chromatography