Bioenvironmental Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Whiteman AFB, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Bioenvironmental Engineers III candidates to support the United States Air Force located at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri.
* Provide Industrial Hygiene services in order to manage Occupational Health and Special Surveillance programs.
* Identify hazardous workplace conditions as well as sampling, assessing, and resolving problems.
* Ensure all work complies with all applicable federal and state health and safety regulations.
* Adhere to Air Force Occupational Safety and Health (AFOSH), Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards.
* Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing bioenvironmental team of plans/actions.
* Manage and conduct technical field support, special surveillances, and industrial hygiene assessments.
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree in either Occupational Health/Safety, Core Science, or Engineering Technology
* Use of standard office equipment such as computers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, and office automation systems.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel at a minimum) to prepare reports and other documents.
* Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and coordinate activities such as appointments, meetings, and suspense timelines.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Knowledge in and understanding of OSHA, CFR, NIOSH, Analytical Methods sampling guides, NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards, ACGIH TLV and BEI Booklet, EPA standards, and ANSI standards.
* Knowledge in proper selection of PPE.
* At least two (2) years of experience working in Occupational Health or Industrial Hygiene related medical field; OR formal college/vocational school education and hold a certification issued by Occupational Health and Safety Technologist Certification (OHST) or the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
* One (1) year experience using basic sampling equipment to include detection tubes/chips, personal air samplers and calibrators, sound level meters, noise dosimeters, and environmental sampling equipment is required.