Bioinformatics R&D Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
TotalTalent Search Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou will report to the VP, Research and will be responsible for establishing our North American bioinformatics R&D platform and developing innovative yet pragmatic data analysis software or pipeline for genome assembly, RNA sequencing (transcriptome, LncRNA, Small RNA), Exome and WGS. You will manage and develop a small group, but will also play a hands-on role in program development.
* Develop and validate bioinformatics algorithms to analyze DNA/RNA sequencing
* Manage, mentor and develop a team of bioinformatics scientists and softwaredevelopers
* Deliver new, creative bioinformatics products (software or pipeline) within the defined schedule and budget to support the product development requirements of the company
* Evaluate new and emerging genomic and develop bioinformatic implementation strategies
* Interact with internal and external collaborators to determine, prioritize and meet the analytical needs of our scientific efforts
* Responsible for resource and budgetary planning, as well as hiring of staff
* Ph.D. or Master degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Statistics or equivalent)
* 10+ years working experience in related bioinformatics or molecular biology research, lead the research projects independently, have good scientific research ability
* 5+ management experience/leading platform development
* Programming skills in at least one of the language: Python, Perl, C/C++, etc
* Familiar with Linux environment and basic statistical methods
* In-depth knowledge in NGS data analysis software/tools and databases
* Experience designing and developing research and/or production grade bioinformatics software or pipeline solutions for NGS applications
* Ability to work in cross functional teams across different locations
* With high sense of responsibility and high engaged, have strong ability of innovation, coordinating and decision making, leading technical team to complete project
KEYWORDS: BIOINFORMATICS, COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY, GENOMIC SERVICES, NGS, NEXT GENERATION SEQUENCING, PYTHON, PERL, C/C++, DATA ANALYSIS, PIPELINE, RNA, GENOME