This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Biomedical Engineer candidates to support the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, located at Bethesda; Maryland.
* Provide technical support for the Department of Simulation, at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
* Plans and executes projects and evaluates technical repair procedures and processes to improve the efficiency and productivity of the Simulation Center, and assist the Medical Director and other personnel in order to maintain the medical equipment.
* Identifies problems, collects and analyzes information and makes recommendations concerning the efficiency and productivity of the overall timely replacement of technical training equipment within the Simulation Center. Participates in the research and viability of new simulation technology. Attends national conferences and arranges demonstrations of new simulation technology.
* Assists with resolving technical issues with simulation training equipment ranging from computerized task trainers and robotic patient mannequins to highly sophisticated virtual reality medical simulators. Assist and /or arranges for calibration and repair for simulators/equipment and arranges for maintenance of all instrumentation and equipment associated with each simulator.
* Overseas simulation diagnostic troubleshooting and repair for non-functioning training units and assisting with execution of medical simulation training. Tracks and reports troubleshooting, repair logs, and overall simulator functionality to the Medical Director and ensures that all conditions and actions necessary to produce desired results are considered.
* Develops the overall goals, objectives, priorities, and deadlines for the Simulation Department training programs. Apply expert knowledge of engineering practices and principles, design, ability and skills, and medical and biological principles to address complex multidisciplinary patient care related issues through digital design, computer manufacturing techniques, CPU control boards and wiring.
* Ensures reduced learner and patient risk thus providing a reduction in cost of procedures and training.
* Ensures personnel adhere to the Centers Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) especially regarding the proper use of simulators and supporting equipment.
* Researches simulation technology and provides Medical Director with the findings.
* Provides advice and assistance to services on matters concerning the application and utilization of all types of training simulators.
* Assist in initiating and maintaining appropriate documentation for budget requests. Responsible for data collection paperwork and justification for purchases of new simulation technology. Adheres to the hand receipt policies at the appropriate Military Training Facility (MTF). Communicates with the Simulation Programs Manager and Logistics to understand purchasing and funding requirements.
* Monitors and documents simulation use by obtaining training information. Maintains a file of past and cumulative usage.
* Assists and utilizes databases for acquiring, maintaining, and tracking simulation equipment/supplies and for the turn-in of equipment /supplies.
* Promotes the MTF Simulation Center by providing informational tours for internal/external persons interested in the Centers usage of training equipment and the types of training activities.
* Maintains competency by reviewing literature, attending conferences, meetings and professional courses, and through individual contact with similar facilities, both government and non-government. Presents technical papers before national, professional, and other groups/organizations for the purpose of presenting results, outcomes, and accomplishments of projects.
* Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, simulation technology and ability or aptitude to learn simulation software in order to participant and understand training, and generate useful recommendations concerning simulation training.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing and fluent in English.
* Must possess the ability to multi-task and work in an environment with constant interruptions and reorganization.
* Knowledge of the shipping/receiving processes and the ability to track equipment that has been returned to vendors for repair or maintenance.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Practical knowledge of audio-visual in order to support the Simulation Centers Audio-Visual requirements such as Digital Light Projects and video camera (Preferred).
* Knowledge of the Navy and Army s Medical Treatment Facility policies and procedures in order to assist with coordinating simulation training and purchasing supplies requests. (Preferred)
* Must be US Citizen
* Clearance: NACI
* 3-5 years experience in working with, repairing and troubleshooting biomedical equipment.
* 3 years experience in working with, repairing and troubleshooting medical simulators (robotic patients and virtual reality simulators)