- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Biomedical Repair Technician- Madison, WI
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS\' LIVES AND TO WORK IN THE STABLE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?
The Biomedical Equipment Technician primarily works at an assigned location and provides cost-effective maintenance on UHS and customer-owned medical equipment to assure it is functioning properly and meets customers needs. The Biomedical Equipment Technician performs operational verification, preventive maintenance and corrective repair service, and completes all associated documentation and communication in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Associates or bachelor s degree in (electronics, mechanical engineering or biomedical equipment technology) or equivalent military training.
* Prior work experience in hospital setting or with customer service preferred.
* Demonstrated competency to perform operational verification procedures, preventive maintenance and repair service on various equipment.
* Basic understanding of industry regulatory requirement and ISO standards preferred
* Business management understanding to assist with contract management and account margin maintenance.
* Familiar with the setup and application of test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, digital multi-meter, patient simulator, etc.).
* Able to read, analyze and interpret technical literature, schematics and technical drawings.
* Valid driver s license.
* Basic computer skills, understanding of computer networks and equipment interfacing.
* Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
* Willing to travel periodically to support business.
* Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
* Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS (How the jobholders must conduct themselves with other people.)
* Possesses quality orientation with a get it right the first time attitude.
* Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
* Flexible, coachable.
* Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
* Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
* Proactive and self motivated.
* Able to work with limited supervision.
* UHS requirement, Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
* Customer-focused; willing to go above and beyond.
PRACTICAL SKILLS (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
* Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
* Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
* Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves service concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
* Provides cost-effective equipment inspection, maintenance, calibration and repair service.
* Delivers a quality service and meets productivity objectives and targets.
* Completes all paperwork and computer data entry accurately and in a timely manner to ensure accurate billing and regulatory compliance.
* Assists in technical training, as requested.
* Maintains adequate and accurate inventory.
* Performs other assigned duties.
* Theoretical and practical knowledge of electronic and mechanical technology, as well as familiarity with reading circuit diagrams and mechanical schematics.
* Proficient in the UHS systems and Microsoft Office programs.
* Proficient in completing preventive maintenance and repairs on wide range of general equipment or demonstrates competency within a specialized equipment area such as anesthesia, imaging, network-smart technology, respiratory or sterilizers.
* Capable of providing, and on request provides, technical training to other employees in areas such as equipment operation, check-out procedures, preventive maintenance, repair, quality management and/or International Organization for Standardization practices, procedures and documentation.
* Consistently achieves established performance measures.
* Performs special assignments with minimal supervision.
* Skilled subject matter expert and demonstrates competency within specialized equipment area, e.g., anesthesia, imaging, network-smart technology, respiratory, sterilizers.
* Provides temporary supervision of other UHS biomedical personnel.
* Demonstrates superior understanding of UHS service programs and contractual obligations.
* Used as a resource to address and resolve customer issues.
* Exceeds performance measures and assists in developing and coaching other UHS employee. May assign and check the work of lower level employees.
The numbers tell it all. UHS has been in business since 1939; it operates through 85 districts and serves customers in all 50 states.
Our motto? Quality. Value. Service. All of us. All the time. Now, find out what that means to you. Compensation includes base wage, 401(k). Full time opportunities offer health/dental and tuition reimbursement. Excellent career pathing opportunities as well. Learn more. Apply online today!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.
PRIMARY JOB LOCATION:
Madison - District site
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
Biomedical Technician I
Universal Hospital Services