Biotech Scientist and Immunologist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe immune-inflammatory modulation of trauma program is a Department of Defense (DoD) major research effort focused on applied translational research aimed at reducing mortality and morbidity of severe combat casualty. Traumatic hemorrhage (TH) represents the leading cause of death from severe traumatic injuries in both military and civilian environments.
Our client, the Joint Inflammation Modulation of Trauma (JIMoT) program is in need of a Biotech Scientist to take a leadership role in their mission. This is an outstanding opportunity to serve and to participate in cutting-edge research while mentoring and offering technical advice to teammates.
• Exercises advanced knowledge of laboratory procedures with specific emphasis in molecular biology
• Provide laboratory and animal research support as related to the combat casualty care and requirements of resuscitation, blood, and hemostasis research
• Plan and execute in vitro experimentation utilizing state of the art molecular biology techniques to elucidate molecular mechanisms of immune-inflammatory response to trauma and exsanguination shock
• Expertise in flow cytometry techniques and demonstrated ability to analyze generated results
• Collect, process, and store biological specimens including but not limited to the following tests: mRNA analysis, protein expression analysis as it pertains to immune-inflammatory responses
• Perform laboratory procedures and analyses on specimens and samples from human and animal patients and research subjects, as well as from other sources including enzyme assays, enzyme linked immunoassays, immunoelectrophoresis, flow cytometry, molecular biology, and cell culture.
• Learn new methods and techniques as research foci evolve to stay current and increase aptitude in combat casualty care.
• Provide technical assistance and support to investigators and protocols as requested in the field of molecular biology. Remain current in field of molecular biology, to include active participation towards research publication in open literature.
• Knowledge in preparing solutions, drugs and reagents for experiments in protocols
• Collect, organize and edit research reports, posters and manuscripts
• Monitors required materials and supplies for laboratory and notifies Government officials when needs replenished. Recommend to Government officials orders for equipment and supplies required for research
• Maintains safe working environment and work area in compliance with regulatory safety policies
• MD and/or PhD
• 3 years minimal postdoctoral experience in immune-histopathology and molecular biology with the ability to plan and execute experiments including and not limited to histomorphometric analysis of organ/tissue injury; immunohistochemistry staining and analysis; analysis of RNA levels using quantitative polymerase change reaction and macromolecule blotting and in situ probing.
• Demonstrated ability to write manuscripts (at least 3 peer review publications in the last 2 years)
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary and diverse team of researchers
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10532 online at www.cherokee-cnts.com
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical support services and project support personnel to its defense and civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard to find candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including information technology, science, engineering, construction, research & development, facilities management, program management, and mission support. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf