Blanchard Valley Medical Practices Supervisor - FT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Blanchard Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Supervisor of the facility is responsible for maintaining daily operations at assigned facilities through on-site management. The focus of this role is to provide an excellent health care experience to the patients by providing support and daily direction to the staff, meeting the needs of the providers, continually monitoring the patient flow process and assuring the quality of the physical plan. Position reports to the Director of the assigned facility.
Blanchard Valley Medical Practices is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide Caring for a lifetime.
* Duty 1: Responsible for maintaining daily operations in assigned department(s) through on-site management and participation, managing daily assignments of the staff assuring that patient and physician needs are met. Performs related duties in assisting others as needed with assignments as necessary for the smooth operation of the assigned department(s). Manage a working relationship between secretaries and nursing.
* Duty 2: Maintains the integrity of the patient registration process; assures that accurate information is collected and appropriate forms are completed. Assists in developing, overseeing, and reviewing registration policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies.
* Duty 3: Monitors and maintains provider s schedules to maximize appropriate volume and acuity mix, verifies physician s days off.
* Duty 4: Is proficient in the use of computers, software and phone system and assures that all staff members are proficient.
* Duty 5: Oversees that all supplies are available to ensure excellent patient care
* Duty 6: Promotes service-oriented philosophy in all interactions with the patients, families, associates/staff, medical professionals, visitors and general public. Presents service excellence indicators and assists with the education of service oriented practices to help reach hospital/practice goals.
* Duty 7: Encourages communication and professional service to all customers/patients, responds to associate problems, complaints, and suggestions in a responsive and professional manner. Reports all incidents to department director for further review.
* Duty 8: Checks with Department Director before implementation of new practices or significant modifications of current work practices. Assists in seeking associate input on changes that affect any associates work assignment.
* Duty 9: Assists in recruitment, selection and training of competent department associates in collaboration with the Human Resources. Establishes and evaluates ongoing department competency requirements for staff. Manages associate performance through reward and recognition, timely performance reviews, coaching, and counseling.
* Duty 10: Reviews and analyzes department indicators and use industry standards to enhance service levels, costs, and continual improvements.
* Duty 11: Adheres to policies, procedures, rules, and regulations as they pertain to department and/or regulatory agencies.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills required.
* A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy requirements
* Proven ability to lead/manage people required
* Positive, service-oriented, interpersonal communication skills required
* This position may not be inclusive to the BVMP Practice that you are assigned at the time of hire, which may require you to work at another BVMP Practice, as needed.
* Prefer a candidate with 3 years of Medical Office Management experience in either a clinical or clerical role.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provider care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge to the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provider the care needed as described in the area s policies and procedures.
* Familiarity with medical office practices preferred.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, stand for five hours a day and sit for two hours. The individual must be able to lift fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity to operate machines. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers. The associate must have vision corrected and hearing in the normal range.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)