Blend Deburr (3rd Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBlend Deburr (3rd Shift)
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. Blend and deburrs, grinds, files, or sands surfaces of metal parts.
* Read, interpret, and follow planning, work orders, blueprints or mylars and other engineering data.
* Examines surface of metal to detect defects such as dents, scratches, burrs or breaks in metal.
* Prepares surface of part and edges to specified finish.
* Polishes metal surface.
* Inspects own work.
* Scribe parts and then blend to the scribe lines.
* Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
* Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Hand - eye coordination.
* Must be able to effectively communicate; talk or hear.
* Annual baseline hearing test is required.
* Repetitive motion of hand and wrist.
* Daily hand exercises required.
* Frequently required to sit; to stoop or kneel; reach with hand and arms.
* Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms and effectively communicate.
* Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Working conditions are: 100% manufacturing environment.
* Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts; exposed to vibration of the hand; exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
* Occasionally exposed to extreme heat.
* Noise level is usually loud; hearing protection must be worn.
* Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
* Safety Footwear shall be in accordance with the following: ASTM standard F2413-05 with minimum impact resistance, compression resistance and metatarsal designation ratings of 75 foot pounds (i.e. ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75 Mt/75), which are viewable on the inside tag of footwear.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
* High School Diploma; up to 3 years related experience in job function and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience