(Blended) Academic Coach
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
(Blended) Academic Coach
ACADEMIC COACH K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
An Academic Coach ensures that students focus on their academic studies while building strong advisory relationships with students. The position uses a variety of tools to engage students working in the curriculum and applies various educational support strategies that meet students individualized needs, and work closely with teachers to monitor the students academic progress and provide academic support.
AS AN ACADEMIC COACH YOU WILL . . .
* Create an environment favorable to learning and personal growth;
* Support teachers with instruction management of students;
* Utilize strong classroom management techniques and report escalated behaviors to the Administration;
* Lead students in daily advisory sessions to monitor student academic progress; Provide intervention strategies when needed to assist students with course pacing;
* Meet with students and parents to discuss challenges and obstacles engaging in the curriculum;
* Set and monitor personal goals with students;
* Motivate students through effective incentives and monitoring strategies;
* Tutor students when needed;
* Adhere to compliance requirements for program implementation.
RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
* MUST LIVE NEAR RICHFIELD MN.
* Bachelor's degree, AND
* Two (2) years of experience working with middle or high school-aged students OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Demonstrated ability to establish professional, effective rapport with students and families
* Demonstrated ability to mentor and motivate students
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated exercise of good judgment in decision-making
* Excellent interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
* Organized; ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
* Proficient in MS Office Suite; ability to master new computer software programs associated with curriculum
* Ability to pass required background check
* Ability to travel for professional development meetings
* Ability to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card (where applicable)
* Teaching certificate or credentials
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend