(Blended) Middle School Teacher, Grades 6-8
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 3/29/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
(Blended) Middle School Teacher, Grades 6-8
MN Flex School Middle School Teacher, Grades 6-8 K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
The Middle School Teacher is a highly qualified and state-certified teacher responsible for delivering specific course content in a blended educational environment combining both virtual and traditional instruction. Teachers differentiate instruction that meets students individualized needs, establish appropriate learning plans for each student and teach on-site at the school 5 days per week. They monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and work actively with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
AS (BLENDED) MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER YOU WILL . . .
* Plan, implement, monitor, and assess a classroom instructional program that is consistent with school goals, philosophies and state standards based on assessment of student needs;
* Develop course objectives and lesson plans following curriculum guidelines in accordance with school policy and state requirements;
* Communicate instructional plans and objectives to students and parents including a course description, syllabus, performance expectations and other pertinent information to allow parental monitoring; Review with the Head of Schools as necessary;
* Instruct students in basic subject matter by lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations; Provide targeted remediation and enrichment to students based on identified data;
* Analyze data effectively to better serve student needs;
* Assign lessons, grade assignments, and administer assessments as required;
* Assist with facilitating state testing as needed;
* Identify student needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, emotional, social and learning problems;
* Provide instruction to students with special needs in accordance with Individual Education Plans (IEP s) or state required documents utilizing support services as appropriate; Participate in IEP meetings as appropriate;
* Motivate students using individual and class incentives and reward students with high academic achievement;
* Establish and maintain standards of behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom; support and assist in maintaining specified discipline policy; Escalate behavior incidents appropriately to the Head of School following the school policy;
* Assess student progress; Communicate student progress to parents at each grading period and in case of unsatisfactory work or other instructional issues; meet with students and or parents to discuss progress and problems.
* Maintain records regarding students in accordance with school policy and state requirements; prepare reports regarding students and classroom matters as directed;
* Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops;
* Participate in school committee work to plan assemblies, school events, school-wide incentives, community service opportunities, etc.;
* Assist with pre- and post-school duties including club sponsorship; lunch, before, or after school duties, etc. as required.
* Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapt to change, is open to new ideas, take on new responsibilities, handle pressure, and adjust plans to meet changing needs.
* Integrity/Ethics: Deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintain confidentiality, support company values, and convey good news and bad.
* Teamwork: Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others and value opinions, help team leader to meet goals, welcome newcomers and promote a team atmosphere.
RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
* MUST LIVE WITHIN COMMUTING DISTANCE OF RICHFIELD MN.
* MUST HAVE A MN TEACHING LICENSE
* MUST HAVE LEAST 1 YEAR OF TEACHING EXPERIENCED, AND
* Bachelor's degree
* One (1) year of experience teaching in grades 6-8 AND
* Meet requirements for Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) in subject area under No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Certificates and Licenses: Single subject teaching credential in respective course of instruction (CA and where applicable)
* Proficient in principles, theories, practices, methods and techniques used in curriculum development and classroom instruction for special needs students
* Knowledgeable of classroom procedures which promote appropriate student conduct and motivation for student learning; versed in principles of training and providing work direction
* Strong interpersonal skills emphasizing tact, patience and courtesy; ability to establish a professional, effective rapport with students
* Understanding of applicable sections of the State Education Code and other pertinent regulations
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook as well as Internet research methods and report writing techniques; Utilizes computer software associated with curriculum
* Able to adapt learning plans to meet different needs and learning styles; create an instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth
* Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Demonstrates the use of good judgment in decision-making
* Maintains consistent, punctual and regular attendance
* Great organizational and time management skills
* Ability to pass required background check
* Ability to travel for professional development meetings
* Ability to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card (where applicable)
* Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend