Blood and Marrow Transplant RN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBLOOD AND MARROW TRANSPLANT RN
Job ID #: 69344
Job Category: RN-Oncology/BMT/Infusion
Employment Type: Full Time
Education Required: Associates Degree
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posted Date: September 1, 2016 Back to Search Results
The Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) Program at Northside Hospital is one of the largest and most comprehensive BMT programs in the Southeast and has among the best survival rates in the nation for bone marrow transplants. We are committed to providing clinical excellence and outstanding state-of-the-art and compassionate care for patients with leukemia and those undergoing blood marrow and stem cell transplantation.
Choosing a BMT center can be a difficult and overwhelming decision. The BMT Program at Northside Hospital is one of the most qualified and experienced transplant centers in the United States.
Northside Hospital-Atlanta provides compassionate care for all stages of life and serves as a market leader in Women s Services, Maternity and Newborn Services, Surgery, Robotic Surgery and Cancer Care. We are proud to be voted Atlanta s Most Preferred Hospital for All Health Care Needs for more than 16 years. As a 537-bed, not-for-profit, full-service community hospital, we are committed to balancing clinical excellence with compassionate care and are dedicated to providing a Lifetime of Care to our community. Join our team and start making a difference with us today!
SERVICE AREA OVERVIEW
Northside Hospital is one of the largest and most respected providers of comprehensive cancer services in the Southeast, combining the latest in technology and research with compassionate patient-centered care. The Northside Hospital Cancer Institute offers the best of both worlds: clinical excellence on par with academic-based programs, along with the personalized and attentive care typically associated with a community hospital. Our Program has received an Outstanding Achievement Award as a fully accredited Comprehensive Community Hospital Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeon s Commission on Cancer. Specialty areas include BMT, Women s, Prostate, and Research.
Northside has among the best survival outcomes in United States for the sixth consecutive year (2009-14), per data released by the National Marrow Donor Program.
Patients and their families are at the center of our BMT Program. Each individual is treated with respect, dignity and compassion. We believe that having you at the top of the treatment pyramid enables our team to deliver outstanding care and excellent patient satisfaction.
Our BMT Program includes:
* A BMT physician team who have completed post-hematology/oncology fellowship training in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
* A highly trained BMT/leukemia team that includes a dedicated BMT health psychologist, clinical BMT PharmD.s, nutritional services, physical therapy and chaplaincy services
* State-of-the-art facilities
* A comprehensive quality management program
* Coordination of pre and post transplant care with your referring physician and the most current and state-of-the-art treatment recommendations
* Access to cutting edge Research and Clinical Trials so patients do not have to travel outside their community
* Collaboration with national research organizations including the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Blood Cancer Research Partnership (Northside is one of 10 sites nationwide selected to participate); NCI s Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network (the only participating transplant center in Georgia); and NCI s Community Oncology Research Program
* A complete offering of Support and Survivorship programs to help you throughout your journey
The Bone Marrow Transplant RN will be responsible for managing the patient care of an assigned group of patients in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the appropriate division within a growing 36 bed high acuity state of the art Inpatient BMT/Bone Marrow Transplant/Leukemia Department.
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Certified in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Strong experience in BMT, Oncology , ICU or over 7 years of strong medical/surgical experience strongly preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Yes
WORK HOURS: Day and Nights
WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: Yes
ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS: No
Why choose Northside* Northside supports our employees professional and personal growth. We foster an environment that promotes work/life balance. We embrace diversity. We care about you. If you are ready to advance your career, apply online today to join Northside s team!
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status or military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.