Body Repair Technician - Texas Hobby 9/17/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Perform repairs to automotive body to include disassembly and reassembly, exterior plastic and composite repairs, body part or panel replacement and preparation for refinish.
* Review repair order or tracking label to verify work to be performed
* Remove and replace or restore defective panels and other components as required
* Apply surface coatings following applicable procedures and disposal processes.
* Finish all repairs in accordance with repair order and to customer satisfaction
* Complete and submit required completed repair documentation
* Follow all applicable safety and health procedures
Education & Specialized Knowledge
* Education & High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
* Paint Training Certification meeting HAPS 6H requirements
* Valid Respirator Fit Test Certificate required
* Valid driver s license and safe driving record required
* Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Effective verbal communication and customer service skills
* Good organizational and interpersonal skills
* Basic computer skills preferred
* Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds (e.g., tools, equipment, etc.)
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception
* 1 year of customer service experience preferred
* Ability to adjust focus
* 1 - 3 years of collision and/or mechanical estimating experience preferred
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit http://www.coxautoinc.com/.
Primary Location:US-TX-Houston-8215 Kopman Dr
Job Level:Individual Contributor