Body Shop Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
This position manages the daily operation of the vehicle body shop, including directing the work of and supervising body shop employees, painters, and reconditioning coordinators.
* Manage activities of the body shop to ensure vehicles are repaired and painted to meet Manheim s reconditioning standards and customer or account requirements.
* Purchase equipment, materials and supplies for the body shop and oversee maintenance and protection of shop equipment.
* Provide and maintain safe work environment by explaining, monitoring and enforcing required auction safety procedures and complying with OSHA requirements. Facilitate safety training for shop employees.
* Work with AGM, Detail Shop Manager (or Detail Sublet Company), and staff to provide quality product to customers.
* Supervise the completion of work order forms to ensure accurate vehicle records. Approve and forward bills and invoices to accounting department for timely billing.
* Maintain and develop body shop staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, and by providing educational opportunities. Counsel and discipline employees as necessary. Plan, monitor and evaluate job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
* Prepare estimates for collision repair, lot damage, transport damage, etc. as necessary.
* Manage the flag pay process and review spreadsheets for accuracy. Coordinate error resolution through Body Shop Supervisor and payroll as necessary.
* Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
* Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
* Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
* Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* 2 or more years experience in automotive or body shop preferred
* Good communication and interaction skills, competent management and organizational skills required.
* Good computer and software knowledge.
* Knowledge of federal/state laws and regulations regarding OSHA, EPA and MSDS a must.
* Valid Driver s License and good driving record required.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
* Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.) Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts hazard, electrical shock hazard and toxic or caustic chemicals. Moderate noise level.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Primary Location:US-NC-Statesville-145 Auction Ln
Job Level:Team Leader
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time