This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/11/2016
Southern States Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE OF POSITION: Performs routine office and salesroom duties.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Operates point of sale terminal(s) and other data input equipment, and assist with sales to customers.
2. Prepares daily reports as well as periodic reports.
3. Handles RSS daily maintenance.
4. Maintains and processes point of sale transactions and computer records and reports.
5. Assists in stocking shelves, merchandising and compliance to corporate standards.
6. Answers telephone, orders merchandise and handles vendor orders.
7. Updates counter books, price catalogs, patron lists and maintains filing system.
8. Prepares bank deposits which includes delivery of night deposits and verifying deposit at the bank.
9. Completes inventory after counting - confirms shortages or overages.
10. Verifies incoming and outgoing invoices for numerical correctness and prices.
11. Assists in training Junior Clerk Bookkeeper.
12. Assists in various phases of credit and collection.
13. Attends designated meetings and schools as assigned.
14. Adheres to SS Corporate Policies and Procedures.
15. For purposes of compliance with the Payment Card Industry guidelines (PCI) and the Fair and Accurate Trade Act of 2003 (Red Flag Rules) - responsible for maintaining sensitive employee and customer information relating to sales documents, transactions and credit records, including but not limited to, social security numbers, credit card information, and other account data, in secured and locked storage at all times.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Keyboarding skills required
- Must have bookkeeping and sales experience.
- Valid Drivers License
Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50 pounds. Vision, hearing and speech essential. Hand coordination to use computer. Job requires contact with hazardous materials and work in adverse weather conditions.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.