This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position will report to the CFO. The Bookkeeper will play an integral role in helping maintain accurate records for a company that provides management consulting services to a variety of clients in different industries including real estate, professional service, employee benefit plans.
* Oversee the Company's daily/weekly/monthly cash function, including premium funds and the company's operational cash, which includes preparing daily cash position and reconciliation of prior day movements vs bank statements
* Post entries to GL
* Prepare bank deposits and bank reconciliations
* Process payroll
* Prepare sales tax and payroll tax returns
* Issue checks
* Maintain frequent contact with client personnel by phone and e-mail
* Maintain strict confidentiality
* Administrative and clerical internal function, as needed
* 5-10 years bookkeeping experience in a public accounting setting
* Strong familiarity with payroll, payroll tax, and sales tax
* Ability to manage multiple clients at once.
* Minimum Associate's degree in business or accounting required
* Certified Bookkeeper preferred
* Personable, friendly, and professional demeanor
* English fluency with excellent spoken and written communication skills
* Mastery of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel required
* Familiarity with Creative Solutions, Quicken, ADP and PayChex preferred