Branch Cylinder Filler
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Airgas South, a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC., the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has a Branch Cylinder Filler position open at our Miami, FL location.
The Branch Cylinder Filler will be responsible for filling industrial, medical and specialty gas products into liquid gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas. Responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures.
* Operate equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
* Performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling.
* Use standard pre-fill and post-fill inspections, tests, and operating procedures before cylinders are released.
* Regularly inspect pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices used in daily activities.
* Fill cylinders or containers to proper capacity and accurately maintain cylinder filling records and ensures that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
* Complete daily fill sheets and cylinder filling records accurately and timely.
* Complete and attach warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
* Unload and load cylinders onto delivery trucks using cylinder carts and/or lift gate.
* Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported; comply with all company safety policies and procedures; attend monthly safety meetings.
* Comply with shift work schedules and be able to work occasional overtime to meet operational deadlines.
* Maintain a clean, safe and orderly plant appearance.
* Comply with all DOT and OSHA regulations.
* Paint and make minor repairs on liquid gas cylinders
* Performs other duties and projects as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
* Ability to operate a forklift.
* Previous cylinder sorting and filling cylinders experience, a plus.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us! Airgas South offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k),Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability