JOB SCOPE: The Branch Manager has direct P/L responsibility of the Branch and overall supervision of staff members. This position reports to the Regional Operations Manager.
* Manages all branch functions and is responsible for overall branch performance.
* Successfully promotes and advertises the Value Proposition of Client.
* Secures opportunities to quote on customer requirements.
* Follows up (by phone or visit) on quotations submitted to customers.
* Ability to establish professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management, other key personnel).
* Responsible for all collection efforts.
* Training and mentoring of subordinates.
* Request additional help as required to meet branch obligations.
* Drive in excess of five hours per day.
* Get in and out of automobile repeatedly each workday. (At least five hours per day)
* Walking up and down flights of stairs as needed.
* When needed physically inspect trailers inside and out.
* Must be able to get in as well as underneath a trailer
* Walking up and down flights of stairs as necessary as well as walking the yard
* Drive/fly in excess of 3 days per week.
TECHNOLOGY SKILLS: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
REQUIRED: 3-5 years working in operations and/or experience in the trucking industry, rental or customer service environments.
PREFERRED:Bachelor's degree in business or like field plus 7 years previous experience working in operations and/or experience in the trucking industry, rental or customer service environments. Substantial experience as a operations manager also preferred.