Branch Manager - Distribution
Branch Manager - Distribution
If you're looking for dry ice, you'll find it with Airgas . As the largest supplier of dry ice, Airgas has established a series of production plants across the nation to develop a secure source supply. Distribution Branches are located in strategic locations throughout the country to provide service to key industries including universities and labs. Quality, reliability, and service are the key drivers that enable Airgas to grow with organizations who depend on dry ice and cold shipping supplies.
The Branch Manager will be responsible for all distribution, safety, training, personnel, maintenance, dispatching and other activities as required. Supervision of facility personnel to include operators, drivers and administration. The ideal candidate will be able to function effectively with minimum supervision, and have the desire to lead the employees and insure top notch customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Works with other Distribution / Transportation Managers to insure timeliness in delivery of production requirements.
* Supervise maintenance vendors to insure that distribution equipment is properly maintained and to insure our customer's requirements.
* Responsible for implementing best processes of distribution.
* Will interface with regional sales and customers to insure high customer satisfaction.
* Maintain a safe and clean working environment and comply with Federal, State and Corporate safety and environmental regulations.
* Recruit, hire, train discipline employees according to Corporate guidelines and policies. Fulfill all record keeping requirements related to these activities in a timely manner to include: performance evaluations, safety training documentation, documenting disciplinary actions and job related training.
* Manage Branch operations to insure budgetary goals are met or exceeded.
* Insure timely and accurate data entry related to product sales, purchasing, and receiving of raw materials and supplies.
* Manage special projects
* Insure our products meet or exceed our QC standards, using specified SOP testing methods.
* Perform other duties as may be assigned by upper management.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Computer skills, MS Office;
* Strong verbal and written skills
* Ability and desire to provide top notch leadership
* Understanding of financial reports, budgetary methods and forecasting
* BS or BA or equivalent experience, to include military experience.
* Willingness for minimal travel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability