Branch Manager - Hire Ahead Denver East
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBranch Manager - Hire Ahead Denver East
ABOUT THE JOB: The Branch Manager reports to the Area Retail Leader and the primary focus of this role is to build, coach, develop, lead and motivate a team that is capable of analyzing clients' needs and recommending financial solutions that create lasting client relationships. The Branch Manager is accountable for branch operations and compliance by providing direction and guidance to branch staff on operational/regulatory procedures, ensuring compliance with operational, security, audit procedures and timely completion of KSAP tasks. Responsible for managing, staffing and scheduling all direct reports within the branch. Accountable for driving new client acquisition and retention, growing market share and balance sheet growth, growing non-interest income, growing joint partnership revenue, and fostering client and employee satisfaction to meet or exceed branch sales and service goals. Accountable for partnering with and referring business to all lines of business partners including, but not limited to, Retail, Investment Services, Mortgage, Private Banking, Business Banking, Cash Management, Middle Market, Merchant Services and Foreign Exchange to meet client needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The Branch Manager is responsible for functions that align with the Key Sales Process and Consultative Sales Process Framework in daily work to create a positive client experience. The Branch Manager also ensures that branch operations are effective and compliance requirements are met.
Branch Staffing & Performance Coaching
- Responsible for the staffing of the branch including recruiting/identifying talent and interviewing and selecting the branch team with involvement from ARL and Operations Leader
- Develop branch staff through observational coaching sessions, joint sales calls and using the coaching model and developing/utilizing individual professional growth plans
- Ensure the Branch team is trained on Key's products, sales, and service models
- Responsible for developing the branch team's understanding of Key's products and services,
- Key's sales and service process and the competitive landscape
- Engage in a disciplined approach to human capital by holding the branch team accountable for performance, providing training and recognizing/rewarding high performers
- Provide guidance and direction to branch staff positions to ensure compliance of regulatory, security and internal controls, which includes timely completion of all branch KSAP (branch self assessment program) tasks;
- Ensure satisfactory or better branch audits
- Review and certify completion of continuity and recovery activities
- Ensure the branch focuses on operational processes to enhance the client experience;
- Report and follow up on branch facility issues that hinder branch operations
- Monitor and coach customer service behaviors to exceed service measurement goals within the branch
- Establish and communicate branch performance standards regarding client follow up, ensure proper focus in client relations, introduce members of the team to the client and participate in client appreciation events
- Ensure Tellers are making client and account referrals in accordance with their established Teller referral goals;
- Branch Managers in Non Business Intensive branches focus on retaining and expanding small business clients in the Book of Business Focus/Grow category
- Branch Managers in Business Intensive branches should focus on acquiring, retaining and deepening small business relationships
- Review client needs and understand how the solution fits the client
- Create and maintain active calling plan for Book of Business clients and prospect
- Discuss features and benefits of multiple products and services that may meet client needs to ensure the client selects the best product for them
- Communicate across branch team to build relationships with all team members and create realistic expectations in the sales process and effectively resolve differences
- Walk through expectations with the client and ensure that the solution meets the client's need
- Accountable for risk management and compliance for the branch within established parameters
- Ensure that client follow up calls are conducted by end of business day to confirm client understanding;
- Maintain and call on a client book of business
- Ensure Branch financial goals are met or exceeded
- Develop strong partnerships with business partners focusing on cross selling and referrals; effectively manage internal and external COs
- Ensure that the Branch operations are operating effectively/efficiently, maintain compliance, reporting requirements and client needs are being me
- Manage employee hours worked in accordance to and compliant with KeyBank's time tracking policies
- Utilize the annual district marketing plan to maximize community visibility, production, profitability and people resources
Non Business and Business Intensive Branches:
- High School Diploma or 3 years of branch management experience
- 3 years experience in a sales capacity with a demonstrated ability to lead and coach a successful sales team
- General understanding of financial statements and concepts
- Demonstrated understanding of consumer credit including loan to value, debt to income and credit reports
- Demonstrated ability to leverage Centers of Influence (COIs) to further promote KeyBank business
- Ability to interact with business partners such as Key Investment Services, Mortgage and Business Banking sales professionals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and possess strong public speaking skills
- Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office Products
- Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings
Physical Requirements: Ability to routinely and frequently operate a motor vehicle with a valid driver's license in order to make outside sales calls.
Additional Responsibilities for Business Intensive Branches:
- Demonstrated small business deposit/credit experience and familiarity with small business operations
- Employees in this job are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act).
- Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling.
Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
- Managerial experience
- Undergraduate degree in business related field
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 investment licenses*
- State Insurance License*
*Investment products are offered through Key Investment Services LLC (KIS), member FINRA/SIPC. Insurance products are offered through KeyCorp Insurance Agency USA, Inc. (KIA). KIS and KIA are affiliated with KeyBank National Association (KeyBank).
About the Business
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 12-state network of over 1,000 branches, 1,300 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled
Additional BenefitsPaid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Short-term Medical Leave
Banking Products Discounts
Matching Gift Program
Education Assistance/Tuition reimbursement
Commuter Benefits Program