Branch Manager II - Fountain Plaza Office
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Financial Institutions, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Participates in the bank incentive programs in the achievement of bank, branch and individual goals. Develops strategies for Branch and Branch staff to meet or exceed sales and referral goals as defined by the Area Sales Manager. Possess thorough knowledge of bank products and services and works to ensure that Branch staff have training necessary to achieve goals. Coaches and motivates Branch Staff with their participation in the bank incentive programs.
2. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work
3. Involved in the consumer loan application process by interviewing consumer loan applicants and obtaining supporting documentation for the Credit Department. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of laws, compliance regulations and bank policies pertaining to consumer loans and products.
4. Has overall responsibility for management of all staff in the Branch as well as ongoing staff development. Work with HR to attract, retain and develop high caliber people and teams with diverse capabilities.
5. Responsible for identifying and pursuing potential sources of business and making regular business development calls.
6. Collaborate with other lines of business partners to capitalize on business opportunities.
7. Effectively utilize necessary and available technology including all bank software as required by the position. Operates office equipment as necessary.
8. Responsible for all audit, operations and security policy and procedures for the branch. Ensures that all staff are properly trained and updated in all areas of compliance, policy and procedures. Completes online compliance training as required within established timelines and ensures that Branch Staff complete training as assigned.
9. Participates in various professional, civic and community activities for professional growth and enhancing the image of the bank.
10. Monitors performance and provides ongoing coaching and feedback in the development of branch personnel. Responsible for timely completion of performance evaluations of assigned staff.
11. Supports the vision, strategy and unified direction established by management. Ensures that Branch staff understand their role in the overall process and positively supports changes in the work environment.
12. Required to assist on Teller line as needed:
a. Responsible for accurately processing transactions for customers while on teller line(e.g. deposits, loan payments, cashing checks, redeeming bonds, selling gift cards) in a courteous and professional manner. Provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service.
b. Participate in cash and negotiable instrument control measures including cash management, strike, shipping and cash ordering, vault currency, vault balancing, and vault related controls as assigned.
c. Perform operational duties as required including: fill change and/or currency orders, issue cashiers checks and money orders, process night drops bags and mail deposits, balance ATM and resolve ATM discrepancies, settle and balance Cash Advance machine.
d. Balances cash drawer
13. Responsible for account opening & maintenance and originating consumer loan applications.
14. Required to successfully register with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry (NMLS) and obtain a unique identifier through the registry that is provided to consumers in accordance with all SAFE Act requirements. In addition, must successfully renew registration with NMLS annually. Maintains and updates personal registry information as necessary to include name changes, employment changes, etc.
15. This job description is not exhaustive. The Branch Manager may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Prior Experience:
Required: Bachelor s Degree Years: 3+ Type: Increasingly responsible experience in supervisory and sales or consumer lending
Required: Associates Degree Years: 5+ Type: Increasingly responsible experience in supervisory and sales or consumer lending
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent Years: 7+ Type: Increasingly responsible experience in supervisory and sales or consumer lending
Preferred: Bachelor s Degree Years: 3+ Type: Increasingly responsible experience in supervisory and sales or consumer lending
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: NMLS eligible
Preferred: FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses and NYS Life, Accident & Health licenses
1. Cooperation/Teamwork works well with others (internal, external customers and associates)
2. Proven problem solving skills and sound judgment
3. Strong sales orientation and customer focused
4. Ability to collaborate and interact with business partners and all levels of management.
5. Able to learn and utilize new technology effectively and efficiently
6. Management Excellence; align people, work and systems with the business strategy
7. Demonstrates a strong knowledge of products, services and procedures
8. Strong team building and team management skills.
9. Write and speaks clearly and concisely
10. High level of interpersonal skills to call on new or existing clients, to interview effectively and assist with customer issues
11. Adaptable to varying bank and customer needs
12. Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload and delegate where needed
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Ability to perform repetitive motion throughout shift
3. Extensive computer usage is required
4. Occasional travel within Branch footprint
5. Able to occasionally stand, walk, bend and reach
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants will be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
EXTERNAL POSTING FOR
Five Star Bank and its subsidiaries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human