Branch Manager - Lakewood, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas USA, LLC is hiring a Branch Manager in Lakewood, NJ!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States. Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
GENERAL SUMMARY: Overall responsibility for the critical issues of branch operation and profitability, including sales, sales growth, budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, safety, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues.
ES SENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and execute marketing plans to support the penetration of key market segments in collaboration with our Sales and Operations teams and outside vendors.
* Lead and manage team consisting of Counter Sales, Warehouse, Driver and CSR employees.
* Manage the day to day operations the branch including safety, retail sales, warehousing and distribution.
* Manage inside sales, sales growth and sales margins. Collaborate with outside sales to ensure order accuracy and properly scheduled customer deliveries by Airgas trucks.
* Manage branch inventory, daily hard goods inventory cycle counts and maintain showroom and warehouse appearance.
* Manage all hard goods receiving and all dynamic deployment (hard goods inter-branch orders) for completion timely and daily.
* Coordinate sales promotion activities, merchandising and displays also opportunities for Radnor conversions.
* Monitor SAP reports daily such as open order/delivery reports, billing and delivery block reports and open PO reports.
* Daily cash reconciliation, make sure it is completed daily in a timely fashion and all errors are addressed and fixed and bank deposits are made.
* Work with our hardware vendors to schedule and hold monthly vendor product training sessions.
* Oversee employee training in procedural areas such as following all Airgas SOPs and safety regulations.
* Leader/manager of annual/bi-annual physical hard goods inventories.
* Manage branch operating expenses, inside employee's overtime, office supplies and so on.
* Work with corporate accounts receivable to manage branch credits and collections.
* Other duties as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* High School Diploma or GED is required; Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in sales and/or distribution of gases and welding supplies or similar industrial products; at least 2 years' experience as a manager.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include prior experience using Outlook, Word and Excel; working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
* Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, well-organized with attention to detail.
* Team player with positive attitude; strong collaborative skills; ability to influence without having direct authority.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, comprehend and articulate technical procedures, governmental regulations, MSDS, safety rules, manufacturer operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc.
* Leadership skills; Identifies requirements; allocates, and effectively uses information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary for goal accomplishment; establishes appropriate courses of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals; develops evaluation criteria and tracking systems for monitoring goal progress and accomplishment; and specifies objectives, schedules, and priorities.
* Must be customer service oriented and able to interact in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .