Branch Manager (Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Distribution)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOversee the pharmaceutical and medical device distribution and equipment service operation at multiple Regional Service Centers (RSC's). Manage supervisory personnel at multiple locations. Serve as a Designated Representative according to FDA Regulation 820.20.b.3.
* Responsible for management and supervision of the Regional Service Center assuring optimal overall performance of people and site.
* Manage day to day operations and activities handled by third party logistics providers.
* Oversee the management of personnel, including work allocation, training and problem resolution. Manage evening and weekend personnel as needed.
* Manage performance metrics for equipment service, routing, order processing, on-time delivery to customers, inventory control, quality and safety.
* Monitor and manage expenses against approved budged. Provide quarterly updates and budget adjustment proposals. Effectively manages capital expenditure projects as assigned.
* Liaison to internal and external parties on matters relating to the warehousing, distribution and service of the Company's products.
* Coordinate and manage physical cycle counts; ensures adequate inventory or product in accord with inventory cycles.
* Assure RSC activities are in compliance with government regulations (FDA, cGMP, OSHA, DOT, and other regulatory agencies as applicable). Ensures compliance to Quality, Safety and Regulatory initiatives.
* Manage projects on an as needed basis.
* Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
_Education:_ Bachelor's degree in business, logistics management, supply chain management, plus 5years relevant work experience, OR no degree plus 7 or more years relevant work experience.
Relevant work experience includes managing personnel; project management and working with third party suppliers.
Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical or related industry; in-depth supply chain knowledge; analytical and problem solving skills; understanding of the regulatory environment for the storage, handling and movement of hazardous products, as well as medical device service operation; proficient in Microsoft Office or similar software; experience using ERP or Warehouse management System. SAP experience is a plus.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS:
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Operations. Reporting to this role are Distribution Associates (5), and Field Service Representative (2).
Position is located in Sacramento CA