This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
* Responsible for managing the sample preparation lab in Elko, Nevada, including but not limited to:
* Production levels;
* Ensure accurate and timely data entry and work order write-up;
* Coordinate the logistics of sample pickup;
* Ensure sample storage and sample shipping is effectively managed;
* Ensure all quality control procedures are being followed;
* Conduct timely production and safety meetings;
* Coordinate equipment repairs and maintenance as well maintain the equipment logs;
* Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health, safety and environment policies and procedures.
* Ensure all financial targets are met and/or exceeded including: ROS, EBIT, Net Revenues and TEC;
* Oversee and monitor costs and production levels to ensure the business stays within budget.
* Conduct employee interviews, recruiting and training as required in conjunction with our Human Resources team;
* Schedule shifts and manages time keeping for staff;
* Prepare and deliver performance reviews, actively manages staff including addressing performance issues as per ALS Group policies;
* Maintain employee files;
* Communicate and enforce ALS Group employment policies and procedures;
* Communicate and enforce ALS Group safety, health and environment policies.
* Responsible for resolving quality issues in a professional and timely manner;
* Maintain all quality documentation and records;
* Ensure all routine quality checks are performed and reported;
* Participate in and follow-up on quality audits.
* Minimum of 3 years Management and/or Supervisory experience in a production or manufacturing type facility;
* Post-Secondary Education or Technical Certification preferred
* Previous experience in the Mining industry, Minerals analysis, geology industries preferred.
* Excellent computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel;
* Previous experience in laboratory or geological preparation facility an asset.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.