Branch Operation Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Herring Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONBRANCH OPERATIONS MANAGER
Ensures warehouse and transportation operations including but not limited to, productivity, inventory, staffing, shipping, receiving, safety, sanitation, and cost containment are met according to company standards. Develop department budget and monitor compliance. Make recommendations and implementation of new operational procedures or policies. Ensure managers/supervisors/warehouse personnel have tools to complete assignments successfully.
Cold Chain and Food skills a PLUS
* Exercises general supervision of overall distribution activity, including but not limited to; inventory control, orders processing, warehouse activities, transportation, maintenance and customer service.
* Responsible for the annual operational budget for all functional areas within the distribution center.
* Responsible for implementation of cost control measures and makes adjustment due to changing business conditions.
* Works with the routing and re-bidding process to ensure equity for all the professional representatives
* Provides for on-going communication throughout the distribution center of the importance of customer service; stressing quick and efficient problem resolution.
* Ensures inventory levels are properly maintained to meet customer requirements. Maintains direct involvement in warehouse layout to minimize warehouse labor while efficiently using storage space and providing for stock rotation.
* Works with the Transportation Department to ensure the safe and productive management of personnel and equipment
* Maintains awareness of, and ensures compliance with, all Federal, State, County, and Municipal government regulations including DOT, OSHA, Labor laws, and environment laws.
* Ensures Company policies and procedures are followed at all times. Instructs managers and supervisors in areas of merit as well as discipline.
* Maintains "open door" policy to facilitate positive employee climate.
* Manages the direction and development of assigned staff.
* Develops fiscal year, short and long term performance objectives, goals, and strategies.
* Develops and monitors all safety, security, and housekeeping programs.
* Responsible for maintaining a warehouse sanitation program which must achieve a superior rating based on AIB standards and guidelines.
* Undergraduatedegree in Business Administration/Logistics/Material Management a must!
* 5 to 7 years experience in a management position in a food distribution environment perfered
* High level of inter-personal skills to lead, manage, motivate & develop positive employee relations.
* Required skills in planning & organizing, attention to detail & persistent follow through.
* Proven ability to achieve results through persistent negotiations, appropriate allocation of resources, strong communication skills & sound decision making.