Branch Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/28/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is an 11 billion dollar diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, electronic security solutions, mechanical access solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
* Manages, coordinates, and facilitates multiple reengineering and process improvement initiatives related to enhancement of systems and processes
* Provides strategic, expert advice and consultation on the design and implementation of effective administrative and business processes across operations, to include process analysis, redesign, reengineering, and organizational effectiveness
* Assist with the development of project proposals and project objectives
* Establish project plans by determining time frame, funding and staffing, and approving project schedules.
* Organize project staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training staff members. Assign responsibilities and approve contractors.
* Coordinate efforts of cross-functional project team including assigned resources form functional areas as needed to meet project objectives.
* Establish and achieve financial objectives by preparing a project budget, scheduling and approving expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
* Hold team members accountable for assigned deliverables at the specified milestones.
* Control project plan by approving specification and plan changes
* Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintain project staff job results by coaching, counseling, and collaborating with functional managers.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, a participating in professional societies.
* Coach/train project resources in the discipline of project management
* Conduct performance management activities according to the performance management process
* Actively support Stanley s EEO initiatives to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applications and employees.
* Performs duties and responsibilities as described in the quality systems
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager to support departmental goals
* High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelors Degree in technical field preferred.
* PMP certificate preferred
* Minimum of 3 years of project management experience
* 5-7 years work experience in project management
* Skills or experience with personal computers, including electronic E-mail, personal scheduling, word processing and electronic spreadsheet skills.
* Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
* Ability to overcome obstacles and encounter the unexpected and continue moving forward.
* Ability to stimulate new ideas within the organization
* Ability to take risks on new and unusual ideas and learn from failures
* Ability to understand, promote, and lead corporate team initiatives
* Ability to use the performance management process to reach stretch goals and perform outside of the comfort zone or area of expertise.
* Time management skills
* SAP knowledge preferred
* Knowledge in project management
* Financial management skills
* Communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
Training Plan/Career Development:
* Training sessions will be held and required to meet certain contract obligations.
Metrics/Measures for Role:
* Financial Scope
* $200K - $5.0 million projects
* Formal Presentation
* Decision Making
* Meeting Participation
* Work Standards
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.