Branch Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Applied Industrial Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DUTIES:
* Manage overall service center activities including, asset management, profitability and growth, inside and outside sales, programs and activities related to product promotions, office and warehouse functions, and customer service. Service Center P&L responsibility.
* Direct service center sales activities including:
* Developing sales objectives and strategies; identifying and evaluating new customers, market conditions and competitive pressures.
* Identifying opportunities and making recommendations to management to maximize sales, increasing margins and expanding market share.
* Manage and assist in developing sales expertise and knowledge of product lines. Ensure customer relations are maintained at a high level, including sales calls and negotiations as necessary.
* Develop and execute sales and business strategies. Determine sales force account assignments, monitor and review sales performance, including goals achievement, margins, customer complaints and territory management. Assume direct responsibility for accounts as required by business conditions.
* Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
KEYS TO SUCCESS:
To excel in this role, you will have the qualities of a successful sales professional, including an outgoing personality, a commitment to customer service, and persistent follow up and closing skills. In addition, in order to be an outstanding General Manager, you will:
* Practice a leadership style based on collaboration and motivation; a heavy-handed style won't work in our culture. You'll need to establish relationships based on trust and encourage an open environment. We also like to have fun achieving our goals together!
* Employ excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including being a good listener and establishing a strong sense of trust
* Promote high morale in the SC by modeling, for your people, enthusiasm for your work and a determination to achieve results
* Bring a degree of mechanical aptitude in order to maximize your product knowledge and help guide customers to solutions
* Keep an eye on the numbers, but don't get caught up in \\"paralysis by analysis
* 5-7 years of sales management experience, including a track record of driving consistent sales and profitability growth.
* Proven success in managing operations and leading a sales team to strong performance on a day-to-day basis.
* Solid computer skills.
* High School Diploma
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4776 to let us know the nature of your request.