Branch Transportation Manager 9/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Branch Managers are responsible for the operation and growth of our armored transportation and cash processing facilities. Utilizing strong logistics and operations leadership experience, the GardaWorld Branch Manager builds teamwork and morale while overseeing the daily branch operations. Branch Managers must be security sensitive and manage the risk that is inherent with an armored car and cash processing operation. Strong profit and loss (P&L) management experience is utilized with the preparation and monitoring of the branch budget and revenue stream. Training is a vital aspect of the position to ensure company policies and procedures are followed and the well-being and safety of the branch personnel are emphasized on a daily basis.
* Leads a team which may include assistant managers, supervisors, support staff, Driver/Messengers, vault personnel, and cash processing staff, depending upon the size of the branch.
* Responsible for the recruitment, training and development of staff.
* Responsible for daily work/vehicle assignments for armored crews and vault personnel.
* Rewards, coaches, and counsels employees. Leads by a positive example.
* Ensures that employees meet DOT guidelines and state/county guard and weapons requirements.
* Supports the safety of employees, vehicles, and facilities through training, monitoring, and enforcement of policies and procedures.
* Promotes the security of cargo and branch.
* Develops and maintains customer service capabilities among all operations staff and responds to customers.
* Focuses on process improvement, short and long-range operational planning to meet current branch goals and motivate branch growth.
* Assist in vault when needed. Fill-in on Armored and or ATM routes when needed.
* Promotes employee development and creates independent action plans that prepare employees for promotional opportunities.
* May have the opportunity to travel for temporary duties at otherlocations.
* A Minimum of 5 years of management experience in transportation or a related field.
* Excellent people skills and leadership experience are a MUST.
* Knowledge/experience in Supply Chain logistics, routing and driver supervision.
* A valid state driver's license and the ability to obtain a commercial license.
* Must maintain an acceptable driving record per company standards.
* Managers are required to have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma, Bachelor's degreepreferred.
* Must have or be able to obtain a firearm license.
* Ability to give clear oral and written instructions and have the ability to train and lead armored and CVS employees.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel. Outlook, PowerPoint and Access knowledge is required. Must be able to work with spreadsheets.
* Must obtain knowledge of the Armored Car Personnel Work Rules or branch labor agreements, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, state guard and gun regulations and Company policies and procedures.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We offer competitive wages and a great benefits package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more!
Candidates must meet the company's hiring criteria to include a pre-employment background investigation and drug test. Physical exam and other testing may be required.
EOE, DRUG FREE WORKPLACE