Branch Vice President - Minneapolis
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY From its humble beginnings over 100 years ago to its position of leadership in the insurance industry today, CNA continues to build on a long, proud tradition. Our history is a rich story of service, growth, financial strength and stability. For more than a century we have built strong relationships with business partners and customers creating a legacy of innovation and service. Today CNA is well positioned to compete and win in the commercial insurance marketplace.
We currently have an opportunity to add a world-class leader to the Northern Zone Field leadership team. The Branch Vice President is an Officer position responsible for providing overall management and underwriting resources for the Minneapolis branch. The successful candidate will direct the development and implementation of strategic and operational objectives for the branch, in accordance with the company's strategic plans - focused on building a profitable book of business through agents and business partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Drives implementation of strategic and operational objectives with significant impact on the short-term success of the branch, and the long-term success of the company.
* Ensures the achievement of continued profitability, growth objectives and operational efficiencies for a branch, with a focus on account and book-level expense management, pricing and retention of accounts and quality control.
* Oversees the account underwriting process, including referral underwriting, pricing policies and underwriting authority levels in accordance with home office strategic direction.
* Plans and directs branch audit activities in accordance with corporate and regional direction.
* Ensures compliance to jurisdictional and statutory regulations.
* Leads, directs and has full management accountability for staff in area of responsibility with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with corporate strategic direction.
* Coordinates efforts with internal business partners in the areas of Actuarial, Underwriting, Claim, Risk Control and Human Resources to ensure operational efficiencies at the branch level.
* Partners with human resources and training to design on-site skills training.
* Oversees large-loss analysis as appropriate.
* Participates in industry-related events, such as insurance associations, department meetings and rating boards.
* May perform additional duties as assigned.
* SVP, Northern Zone Officer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
* Mastery of a discipline, professional field or formal body of knowledge and broad understanding of the critical issues in other related areas.
* Advanced communication skills which are critical to building consensus across area of influence (external and/or internal relationships), team and/or matrix environment.
* Strong leadership and management skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
* Ability to drive results by identifying and resolving significant problems within scope of responsibility.
* Senior level knowledge of the insurance industry, its products and services.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors degree with Masters preferred in a related discipline, or equivalent.
* Typically a minimum of 12 years of related underwriting, marketing and distribution management experience, with seven years management experience.
* Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designations preferred.
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Bloomington
Other Locations: United States-Minnesota-Bloomington
Organization: Field Ops North Zone
Job Posting: Aug 12, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.