Brand Manager 9/2/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets _Whirlpool_, _KitchenAid, Maytag_,_ Consul, Brastemp, Amana_, _Bauknecht_, _Jenn-Air_, _Indesit_ and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter. Additional information about our company can be found athttp://www.whirlpoolcorp.com. Follow us on LinkedIn or join the conversation @whirlpoolcorp on Twitter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for BRAND MANAGER roles to join our KITCHENAID BRAND AND INDEPENDENT BUSINESS UNIT MARKETING ORGANIZATION.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Lead the translation of the KitchenAid brand strategy across the Consumer Decision Journey within brand communications and go-to-market initiatives for the base business
* Brand campaign support and execution across touchpoints
* Media Planning support, tactical plan ownership
* Digital Eco-system strategy, website ownership in partnership with Digital Center of Excellence
* Lead launch of new website
* Develop and new digital tools to support brand objectives
* Brand Planning and strategy support
* Drive deep and actionable understanding of consumer insights throughout the organization
* Collaborate and partner across KitchenAid Small Appliances, Retail Channel and Merchandising teams, Agency Teams
* Support Brand Experience initiatives and events
* Lead Brand Analytics, Budget Ownership with support from team
* Key agency contact, lead annual Statement of Work development
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field required, MBA preferred.
* At least 4years of relevant experiencerequired.
* Firm grasp of marketing methods and processes, and a proven ability to develop briefs that deliver breakthrough results
* Proven ability to uncover insights and develop recommendations grounded in those insights
* Past experience working with creative agencies or cross-functional teams
* Understanding of digital media including Website management preferred
* Exceptional communicator with strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to negotiate
* Dynamic motivator/leader, relationship builder
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Willing to travel20% of the time
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.