This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 2/24/2017
West Columbia, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
To ensure that job duties that affect the safety, legality and quality standards are addressed.
* Knows and understands the operation and function of all processing operators
* Equipment and machinery, i.e., Mixer, APV & Triangle (see job descriptions)
* Keep work area clean and free of debris
* Provide assigned break relief to all process operator positions
* Perform all tasks and duties required to ensure production and efficiency standards are met
* Reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring
* Understanding of required settings for each product/process
* Maintain all production, quality reports and records as required
* When not in the act of giving breaks, performs various tasks & duties which
* Support the manufacturing process assigned by foreman or supervisor
* Makes necessary machinery and equipment adjustments and performs all tasks and duties necessary for efficient start-ups, daily operations, changeovers and shut downs
* Read, understand and complete internal forms and documents in English
* Know, understand and follow safe operating procedures and good manufacturing practices
* Follow production schedule set by management
* Perform all tasks and duties required to ensure product yield, efficiency standards, and housekeeping requirements are met
* Understand and follow hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP)
* Accurate and timely communication of safety, quality, production, maintenance & sanitation issues to supervision and/or appropriate department personnel
* Be cognizant of SKU being produced with correct set up of machine
* Able to assemble & set up equipment for start-up and changeovers
* Troubleshoots & rectifies operator problems and reports any associated downtime to maintenance and supervisor
* Complete preventative maintenance tasks as directed by management/leadership
* Communicates with supervision & co-workers all information relevant to manufacturing process
* Ensures proper set up for the next shift and passes down all relevant information
* Operators must be properly relieved prior to leaving for scheduled breaks or end of shift
* Assists in other training activities which support the manufacturing process
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Relevant industry experience preferred
* Must be able to read, write and understand standard operating procedures
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as required
* Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
* Must be able to read and understand English
* Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and make minor adjustments to equipmentPhysical Requirements
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Lifting up to 50lbs
* Frequently climbing stairs
* Standing & walking for extended periods of time
* Frequently pushing, pulling & bending
* Reaching & stooping Work Environment
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Employee must be able to work in cold, wet, hot, dusty, slippery, loud and close space for extended periods of time
1st Shift: 5:45am-2:15pm, OT, Weekends and Holidays as required.
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.