Brewery Market Representative-Boston 8/26/2016
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are currently looking for a BREWERY MARKET REPRESENTATIVE in BOSTON.
Our Brewery Market Representative (BMR) role has been consistently rated by The Princeton Review as one of Americas best entry-level jobs. We have a great record of promoting from within, and strive to find people who raise the average here. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
The Brewery Market Representative works autonomously to focus on developing new accounts and maintaining current accounts within the industry. A high emphasis is placed on increasing the availability and visibility of products in new and existing accounts by using consultative sales tactics.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Desire to build a career in sales
* An intense competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality
* Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
* Strong judgment and professional maturity
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
* Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities
* Bachelor's degree required
WHAT YOU\'LL DO:
* Increase Boston Beer visibility in accounts (on & off premise)
* 70% Merchandising
* Execute impactful on & off premise promotions or festivals
* Conducting waitstaff / bartender educations, beer tastings and evening promotions
* Improving conditions and merchandise accounts by building displays, resetting coolers and displaying point of sale items to increase visibility of the brand.
* 30% Sell products and/or upgrading number of product lines in retail accounts (bars/restaurants, liquor/grocery stores/convenient stores)
* Identifying major accounts that are not being penetrated with BBC products, and developing a plan to establish business with such accounts
* Partnering with distributors to ensure orders are placed, products are received and business is growing at accounts
PERCENTAGE OF TIME:
* Required 3 nights (Tuesday Saturday work week schedule)
* Key Holiday Periods: Sell in POS & displays, build displays and sample to support sales
* Valid driver's license, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
* Ability to lift and move cases of beer frequently
* Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale frequently
NEXT ROLE IF EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS IN BMR ROLE:
* Promotion to Brewery Representative after 12 months, and not before, in BMR role if goals and expectations are met
* Salary increase
* Bonus Potential increase
* Will be asked to relocate for Brewery Representative Position based on available openings. The only potential to remain in your market is if there are available Brewery Rep openings at time of promotion.
SOME PERKS:A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, a competitive compensation package, a car allowance and an expense budget.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact 617.368.5854 or email@example.com for assistance.