This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONBoston Beer Company was rated by Forbes as one of the best small companies to work for. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently looking for a BREWING OPERATOR in our BREINIGSVILLE, PA brewery.
This position reports to the Brewing Manager and is responsible for monitoring and carrying out brew house, fermenting, filtration, blending processes and operations. Candidates must be a self-starter willing to accept operational responsibility as well as willing to work any shift including weekends.
WHAT YOULL DO:
Brewing/Blending Operator responsibilities include monitoring and directly managing the Brew house, Fermenting, Filtration and Blending processes and operations. Involves recording, troubleshooting, temperature and flow monitoring, communication, supplying lines with material or product, line cleaning, sanitation, and foaming.
* Sanitation involves the complete cleaning of all the equipment within the facility. Foaming equipment, hoses, brooms, shovels, brushes, scrapers, squeegees and numerous chemicals are necessary to sanitize the designated site.
* Must be able to work in a team oriented and Safety First environment. Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives. Must wear respirators, and all safety and sanitation equipment as required and follow all GMP guidelines.
* Unloading of material for Brewing and Blending processing which may include rail cars, trucks, totes, drums, pallets, etc.
* Communicate with coworkers by phone and radio. Must carry radio as required.
* Operate forklifts as required.
* Perform Quality checks, testing, and complete paperwork as required.
* Must be able to make equipment and product changeovers using tools as needed.
* Assist other operators and departments in training, repair work and equipment operation as needed.
* Must work and clean in confined space areas such as tanks and vessels
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
* High school diploma and applicable technical knowledge required.
* Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
* Must be available to support shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting ability
* Experience with participative leadership and time management.
* Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
* Self-starter, proactive.
* Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
* Highly effective multi-tasker, resourceful with a get-it-done, can-do attitude.
* Proficient with Computer systems including MS Outlook. Must be able to learn and accurately utilize brewery operation system.
* Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator and/or hearing protection when required by the job.
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate hand tools and industrial machinery such as a truck or fork-lift areas and is usually loud. Occasionally work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, and others as required)
* Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold room environments
* Must be available to support 12 hour shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, and a competitive compensation package.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact 617.368.5854 or email@example.com for assistance.