Broadcast Engineer TWC News Raleigh
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Type: Full Time
The Broadcast Engineer maintains all technical facilities, equipment and software applications for TWC News NC under the direction of the Manager of Engineering. This includes, but is not limited to: satellite, microwave, fiber optic and MPEG transport, control room switchers, routing, patching, familiarity of IT systems, networking, media workflows and facility HVAC, electrical and security systems. The Engineer ensures that these systems are optimally functioning, maintained, kept up to date and secured in a 24/7 News Network environment. The Engineer must interface closely with systems users to identify and correct problems. Must be flexible in accepting changing job and training requirements. TWC News NC is looking for a broadcast television engineer who embraces information technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintains and repairs on-site and remote broadcast equipment: DSNG Live Trucks, Microwave Receive Sites, Satellite Dishes, Equipment Centers, Studios, Control Rooms, Newsrooms.
* This position is based in Raleigh and requires routine travel to support statewide newsrooms and personnel.
* Will be required to work regardless of inclement weather.
* Works with operations on remote field productions - setting up, breaking down and troubleshooting cameras, cables and switchers. Establishing and maintaining satellite, microwave and/or MPEG transmission links.
* Coordinates repair of equipment with outside vendors.
* Works with all users to determine technical needs and concerns.
* Documents and maintains equipment maintenance history database and generates status reports for both users and supervisor.
* Provides primary vendor interface for troubleshooting complex system issues.
* Resolves software problems beginning at the lowest level (user tech - vendor).
* Evaluates, researches and recommends equipment and software acquisitions for the channels and newsrooms.
* Installs and upgrades systems components and software as directed.
* Fabricates cables and small part modifications.
* Maintains equipment center and workshop, spare parts inventory, tools and storage areas.
* Ensures that disaster recovery methods are accurate and accessible (Back-ups.)
* Will troubleshoot equipment and recommend appropriate solutions including vendor repair, in house repair or equipment replacement.
* Will routinely review broadcast equipment, software, work stations and develop and carry out regular maintenance schedule that will reduce damage and loss due to everyday wear and tear.
* Works closely with Chief Engineer, IT Manager and peers to develop proficiency resolving engineering and IT issues.
* Quickly isolate and troubleshoot engineering and IT issues in a demanding work environment.
* Troubleshoot and repair electronics at the component level. Read, interpret and update station drawings, flow charts and cable run lists.
* Develop work around to keep systems running and multi-channel network on air.
* Take direction well and be able to work with vendor support over the phone to resolve issues.
* Flexible to work outside the normal hours as business requires, including a rotating on-call shift with availability 24/7.
* Must be able to lift 75lbs.
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of an Associate s degree in Broadcast Engineering, Communication or related field or equivalent experience required.
* Must be flexible to work outside the normal hours as business requires, including a rotating on-call shift with availability 24/7.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 0593
Controlling Establishment ID: 00232 - Raleigh Atlantic Ave
Job Code: TWCNEN150 Engineer 2, Broadcast Nonexempt