Broadcast IT Engineer TWC Local Sports
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Type: Full Time
The Broadcast System I.T. Engineer partners with the Midwest Sports Engineering and Technical Operations team to design and architect broadcast I.T. infrastructure supporting 24/7 sports production environment. The Broadcast System I.T. Engineer is responsible for all broadcast I.T. technical facilities, equipment and software applications for local sports operations including workstations, servers, phones, networks, databases, automation systems, and video and editing equipment used for production and program origination. The region of responsibility includes Kansas City MO., Lincoln NE, Milwaukee WI, Ohio and other areas as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
* Primary Responsibilities (60%) Design and Architect
* Collaborate with Engineering and Technical Operations team to develop broadcast I.T. systems supporting local sports production
* Document and maintains broadcast I.T. system and contribution network infrastructure diagrams.
* Gather user production workflow requirements and implements broadcast I.T. technologies to further enhance production efficiency.
* Insures adherence to corporate I.T. policies and best practices for Broadcast I.T. infrastructure.
* Manage vendors and system integrators in broadcast I.T. System new builds or upgrades.
* Secondary Responsibilities (40%) Region Support
* Provide onsite support for broadcast I.T. systems and network infrastructure supporting 24/7 sports production and origination.
* Quickly diagnose and implement fix agents or develop alternative methods to overcome unexpected technical problems to maintain continuity in on-air broadcast.
* The individual must be able to travel and work weekends when needed to support live sports broadcasts and to support any broadcast IT issues that arise.
* Will troubleshoot equipment and recommend appropriate solutions including vendor repair, in house repair or equipment replacement
* Documents and maintains equipment maintenance history database and generates status reports for both users and supervisor.
* Closely work with multiple service providers in maintaining station s WAN connectivity to outside world
* Installs and upgrades systems components and software.
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum two year degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in a Broadcast environment. 4 year degree preferred.
* At least 2 years experience in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field.
* Knowledge of ASA Firewalls.
* Knowledge of Windows 7 and XP workstations.
* Knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012 server and SQL Enterprise server a plus.
* Must be familiar with TCP/IP Network topologies, VLANS and Cisco WAN/LAN switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS) and network monitoring tools.
* Must be able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
* Must be able to meet schedule requirements. Must be able to work nights and weekends. Individual could be asked to be on call. Schedule is subject to change.
* Valid driver s license required.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 8342
Controlling Establishment ID: 00066 - Milwaukee 1320 ML King
Job Code: TWCIT0065 Systems Engineer - Assoc Exempt