This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Aon Is Looking For A Senior Broker
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Property business group within Aon Risk Solutions in Philadelphia, PA. As a Senior Broker, you will report directly to the Managing Director.
YOUR IMPACT AS A SENIOR BROKER
An experienced Property broker or underwriter with a solid understanding of and relationships with insurance company management and underwriting teams/personnel.
* THOROUGH ANALYSIS OF CURRENT RISK TRANSFER PROGRAMS TO INCLUDE COVERAGE AND COST ANALYSIS AND A GRAPHICAL REPRESENTATION OF THE PROGRAM.
* INSURANCE PROGRAM STRUCTURE PLANNING AND DESIGN OF ALTERNATIVES. PROVIDE BENCHMARKING REPORTS RELATED TO LIMITS AND PROGRAMS.
* PREPARE ALL MARKETPLACE INSURANCE SUBMISSIONS, COORDINATE AND CONDUCT MARKET MEETINGS AND NEGOTIATIONS AS APPROPRIATE IN COORDINATION WITH ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES.
* FINALIZE ALL RISK TRANSFER QUOTES AND COMPLETE A THOROUGH COMPARISON OF PROGRAM OPTIONS AS PART OF THE CLIENT PROPOSAL PRESENTATION. COMPARISON TO INCLUDE CHANGES IN EXPOSURES, LOSSES, COVERAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND COST OF RISK.
* IMPLEMENT CHOSEN RISK TRANSFER PROGRAMS TO INCLUDE COMPLETION OF POLICY
* SERVE AS A TEAM MEMBER FOR NEW BUSINESS PRODUCTION. PREPARE CONCEPTUAL PROGRAM RESPONSE TO RFPS.
* LEAD RENEWAL STRATEGY DISCUSSIONS AS PART OF THE ACCOUNT TEAM.
* SERVE AS A PRIMARY OR SECONDARY MARKET CONTACT AS ASSIGNED AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH ESTABLISHED POLICY.
* SERVE AS ACCESS POINT FOR BENCHMARKING RELATED REPORTS AND FOR THE INPUT OF DATA FOR PROGRAMS HANDLED.
* EDUCATE AND ADVISE TEAM MEMBERS ON COVERAGE ISSUES, MARKETS, AND RELATED DEVELOPMENTS.
* SERVE AS PIPELINE MANAGER FOR GRIP BROKING LEVER UPDATES
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* 10+ YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE PROPERTY INSURANCE BROKERAGE INDUSTRY WITH A COMPREHENSIVE UNDERSTANDING OF OCCURRENCE AND OCCURRENCE REPORTED FORMS. AN EXPERIENCED PROPERTY BROKER OR UNDERWRITER WITH A SOLID UNDERSTANDING OF AND RELATIONSHIPS WITH INSURANCE COMPANY MANAGEMENT AND UNDERWRITING TEAMS/PERSONNEL.
* PROFICIENT IN THE PREPARATION AND DELIVERY OF PRESENTATIONS FOR NEW BUSINESS AND CLIENT SERVICE MEETINGS. CLIENTS, PROSPECTS, AND INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS SHOULD IMMEDIATELY RECOGNIZE THAT THE SENIOR BROKER IS AN EXPERT IN THE FIELD WHO PROCESSES A THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE OF THEIR INDIVIDUAL PROGRAM, THE NATIONAL AND LOCAL MARKETPLACE, LOCAL REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT, PROGRAM STRUCTURE ALTERNATIVES, AND COVERAGE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND FORMS.
* STRONG WRITTEN AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS NECESSARY TO COMMUNICATE IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER WITH CLIENTS AND THE MARKETPLACE.
* A STRONG TEAM PLAYER WHO UNDERSTANDS THE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF OTHER AON PROFESSIONALS ON THE TEAM, ASSUMES RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELY DELIVERY OF A PROFESSIONAL WORK PRODUCT IN ACCORDANCE WITH ASSIGNED ROLES, AND FACILITATES COMMUNICATION AMONG TEAM MEMBERS.
* PROMOTE CREATIVITY IN PRESENTING NEW IDEAS AND APPROACHES FOR CLIENTS OR PROSPECTS; PROMOTE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IN ALWAYS TRYING TO IMPROVE A PROGRAM.
* Bachelor s degree required
* The candidate will have his or her brokerage licenses.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
UNITED STATES: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
CANADA: Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420826
CATEGORY: Broker Group
LOCATION: United States, PA, Philadelphia